• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD !!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevster321

Reaction score
Right then due to a major loss of employment and relocation I've gotta put my van up for sale after only owning for 5 weeks and it's only been in the country for 8 weeks ! This was imported from Portland oregan and from what I know it's been there all it's life only having 1 previous owner and actually have his death certificate so finding out the vans history is possible via his widow , I've not managed to find her as yet but am still trying but I've located the house the van lived at in the states via google earth :)

It's a 1 year only van with push handles and long steel rear view mirror , all the locks have been jingled to fit 1 key and a new ignition has been fitted to , it's a delux model microbus with 19k showing on the clock , even has original tool kit , the paintwork is very patina'd and has the straightest front panel I've ever seen on a van ! Everything works as it should interior lights fuel gauge and the rare as dash clock !

I've designed and built the interior myself being a joiner out of reclaimed wood and destressed it even more to give a fantastic matching appearance of the outside , the whole van has been retrimmed to match in burgundy and off white vinyl including the rock an roll bed , padded tailgate headboard , the roof lining is original with only a couple of small tears but was way to good to replace , cooker is hidden behind the buddy seat and the drawer in the unit pulls out to make a useful worktop

The van is solid as a rock and has never had a single piece of welding done to it despite what the exterior looks like ! Has a full MOT and full tax !

I've never actually been away in the van I bought it and fitted it out , lowered it and it's been in the barn since . Engine runs like a dream with no end float and is believed to be the original factory fitted lump so mileage maybe genuine ? Anyways enough talking take a look , £8000 firm

fd00da47.jpg

8354ada2.jpg

0a2a4f82.jpg

6934b8dc.jpg

522edb50.jpg

It does have a full set of hub caps too , really need this gone asap , may consider a px with a cheap daily vw ? Passat , mk3/4 golf why ? Thanks for the comments guys , I can build the interiors too if anybody is interested ? Everything including the full retrim £2600

It has yeah , 2 splines on the back and had adjusters put on the front with low pro tyres

TTT sale will include some new seals , US spec number plates in original Portland surrounds and some other parts I've found out . Sensible offers invited

Latest posts