Sorry for the language (new member from Portugal)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rneves

Reaction score
Hi, hello everyone.

My name is Ricardo. I have 31 years old and actually living in Beja, a small town in Alentejo, near before Algarve. I have a 68 vw bus since 2007 and I have made more than 30000 km with it in about 2 years. In Portugal we also have a forum, but more generalist (all older VW) called garagemvw.com
I'm a social-cultural animator and I work with kids from social neighbours.
Let me present you my van:

13.jpg

39-pois.jpg

23-grandefotoparaoambientedetrabalh.jpg

P1051634.jpg

P1041598.jpg

I need some informations and some help, but I think it should be in another topic. I think so...

By and nice to meet you all

I have by it from a surfer guy. The van was restored about 5 years ago. I have the certified from AutoMuseum Volkswagen in Wolfsburg. The van was buit on 10 May from 68 ald left the factory in 13 May from 68. In that date this vans came to Portugal has panel van and than they were modified by Guéin that was the company that import this cars to Portugal. Than here, they tranform them into windows.
Thats what I know. ;)

Boa Tarde rneves, thats a very clean looking 68.

Looks like they fitted proper microbus windows to that one too.

Hello and Welcome 8) Nice bus and all looking good in sunny Portugal! I am over there in a few weeks to stay in Monchique ;)

easy said:
Hello and Welcome 8) Nice bus and all looking good in sunny Portugal! I am over there in a few weeks to stay in Monchique ;)

Guess you didnt notice the last pic :roll:

Monchique is a lovely part of the country and its still gorgeous weather, according to my Mum who lives out there 8)

wibbler said:
easy said:

Guess you didnt notice the last pic :roll:

Monchique is a lovely part of the country and its still gorgeous weather, according to my Mum who lives out there 8)

Still looks sunny to me ;) Looking forward to some warmer weather than Bristol, so anything is an improvement! :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum , My van is originally from Portugal , i got it from a town called Coimbra 2 years ago 8)

easy:If you wil come to Portugal I will be glad to receive you. If you pass near Beja give me a call. Monchine is nice, you have many nice places in Algarve, Tavira for exemple, I go there many times.

windsurfer: That is not in Portugal, is in Serra Nevada (Spain), I go over the top with the van, lol. That was a nice tripe :D but not so happy becouse I made about 2000km in that tripe and when I was just near Beja, about 10km the motor got the flu. I let the oil down :cry:

Hey Ricardo,
Nunca mais tive noticias tuas...é uma pena amigo :(

Here are some pics of my twin bus to yours. Also from 68 and velvet green! It arrived in Portugal as CKD kombi type 23...

1453880.jpg

1453879.jpg

1453882.jpg

Cheers!

Welcome, :mrgreen:

I am going through Portugal on my way to the Azores for my honeymoon later in the year but very much doubt I will be allowed to play VW's :lol:

Ola Fernando! Ja ouvi falar da tua carrinha no forum "garagemvw.com" ... ;)

Hi Fernando, i've seen your bus in the portuguese forum... ;)

Welcome and thanks for reviving Ricardos's thread :D !

Regards to chad, alex, Matty, moseley...and all the members who posted in here.
Cheers everybody,

Gustavo

Latest posts