sound deadening

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongy

Reaction score
im in the prosses of quietening the old bus down,ive buble wraped the rear load space along with a few layers of underlay . also against the part that slopes down to the main floor,what i was wondering was ,do the floor pans make much difference ,is it louder in the van with them off,i took mine of during resto and opted to keep them off but im now thinking of puting some on ,to quite the old bus down a tad,any ideas???

a massive stereo and carpeted floors always helps :wink:

strongy said:
im in the prosses of quietening the old bus down,ive buble wraped the rear load space along with a few layers of underlay . also against the part that slopes down to the main floor,what i was wondering was ,do the floor pans make much difference ,is it louder in the van with them off,i took mine of during resto and opted to keep them off but im now thinking of puting some on ,to quite the old bus down a tad,any ideas???

I wouldn't put the belly pans back on they are a horrible rust n' water trap. To insulate mine for sound I have filled all the side cavities with 50mm rock wool and then covered the slope under the R n' R slope with an off cut of carpet. I'm also going to carpet the front and rear wheel arch tubs and the strips between the ribs above the engine. The cab doors and back of the front panel will have reflective bubble wrap stuck to them, which should help with sound and heat. I haven't decided what I'm going to do behind the ceiling panels yet.

I used roof flashing - can be bought in different widths - as it has aluminum
on both sides with a bitumen type stuff in between and is very sticky.
Will act as a sound deadener and also keep a bit of the heat in the van.

Definatley works :D

ive used a combo of underlay bubble wrap and proper car sound dedening and it has made a big difference,thanxs

Latest posts