Spark plugs and twin carbs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slammedresto said:
:evil:

need i saw more

I bought a cheap spark plug wrench with a double jointed head (with a spring covering it to keep it straight) from Halfords that was quite helpful.
Will try to find a link......

One of these - but in the right size ;)
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_232463_langId_-1_categoryId_165469" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dood, we feel your pain, but its nowhere near as bad as trying to get to the back one on a type 3 engine with twin carbs! i have had to get a socket set adapted and then welded to get to it, and its still a massive pain in the arse :roll:

easy said:
Dood, we feel your pain, but its nowhere near as bad as trying to get to the back one on a type 3 engine with twin carbs! i have had to get a socket set adapted and then welded to get to it, and its still a massive pain in the arse :roll:

I just take the carbs off! Its easier in a Squareback - you can fold the seat down and get right over the job!

in the notch its nearly impossible! but there is a way and a special tool now so all is cool 8)

Whenever i take the plugs out of the camper i always cut my fore arm on the stump where i have sawn off the air cleaner stand to fit dual webers, i keep saying i'll grind it down but i never do, anyway chicks dig scars 8)

:lol:

A bit tight in a oval too, I'd much prefer a type2 engine bay. :mrgreen:

i find this v useful
tools001.jpg

its not so bad in an early bay because you can just yoink the engine out of the back, far easier than stuggling! I, however, drive a crossover....bloody fixed rear valance grrr!

Latest posts