Speakers - Electro Dynamic Exciters

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what happens when you connect two of these to the same panel?

I have a full width bulk head and thought it'd be a good place for them, but not if they interfere with each other.

Whilst I haven't tried it I wouldn't have thought it would work.
The exciter is in effect the driver from a speaker it's job is to move air which it does by vibrating the material it's attached to.
I think if you fit 2 to 1 panel they could conflict each other or simply not get as much out of the as 1 per panel.

Whilst I haven't tried it I wouldn't have thought it would work.
The exciter is in effect the driver from a speaker it's job is to move air which it does by vibrating the material it's attached to.
I think if you fit 2 to 1 panel they could conflict each other or simply not get as much out of the as 1 per panel.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but hoping to be wrong..
Any chance someone can test this?

Perhaps on a big enough piece of material (i.e. they're further apart) they wouldn't fight each other as much :msn4:

ive been considering putting together one of those suitcase type stand alone boom boxes (without the sub) recently, Im guessing These would probably work without having to cut holes in the case. Nice touch guys. I'd consider using these in the back of my van too to save cutting about the interior.

I think you just use the surface type to tube them.

*Sam* said:
I think you just use the surface type to tune them.

Hi,

Yes, i did wonder if that was the case, just thinking aloud....

Not yet sorted this, been trying to put together a solar setup....will get on it when i get time....

Cheers!

Alistair

Do you reckon these would work on the wooden kick panel on the rear seat?? :?:

Was thinking of putting normal speakers in there but don't like the idea of cutting into the seat panel?? :shock:

I have mine in the door card, so on that basis yes, earlier in the thread ^^^ it's is said that mounting on metal gives the best sound.

Cheers *Sam* :D

What size did you get 45S or 60S?? I guess if i put them against the back of the wooden kick panel 1cm thick i may need to go for 60S??

I have the smaller and Tbh they are not enough so always go for the biggest

I finally got around to ordering some of these and they arrived today so I can fit at the weekend :D Is double sided foam the best way of fixing to the door or should I be looking at bolting them?

Cheers

I used 2mm ish thick double sided foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Cheers Sam, I'll go and buy some of that then. Don't really want to drill the door if I can help it......

Buy some brake cleaner or nail polish remover to clean the area before you stick it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sticky foamed up and ready to go 8)

IMG_20130724_201059_zps82e11c56.jpg

Hi!

I would have thought they would need fixing directly to the surface? Does it not muffle the sound? How does the foam affect the movement of the thing, I'm thinking alone the lines of a speaker cone, but i guess they dont work like that?

Alistair

Latest posts