Speakers - Electro Dynamic Exciters

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok with the magic of MS paint the 21st century fag packet.

cut a hole in bed box front recess a steel panel same gauge as panels into the front of hole, skim with filler and then paint to match your requirements and then as before rebate the back and then attach your exciter onto the steel panel. that should sort it give you the same resonance as a door panel but the surrounding stiffness so it does'nt over vibrate distort and the bed box might act as a sound box.

[photobucket][/photobucket]

you would also have the benefit of them being invisible externally

I have jsut got hold of a pair of these, i haven't fitted them yet but just from postioning them in on a couple of different surfaces it make a big difference i.e. the thick case of a westy sink is pretty crap but much better on thin wood panel but then this vibrates th best sound i got was from just have them on the buddy seat foam.

Radish, have you tried them on metal?
I found mounting them onto metal was berry good asking as I used done foam adhesive tape to attach them.

Inside a Westy buddy seat attached to the bulk head created some nice base.

Sam i will give it a go, i was going to try the metal panel on the doors. Are you running them from a stereo? I only have an amp wired in mine at the moment to run a ipod i do have a stereo to fit.

Yes I have an Alpine IDA it's middle of the road in terms of quality.
I have 1 exciter on each front door, 1 in the buddy seat and one in the gap that a sunroof would slide into.

Yes I have an Alpine IDA it's middle of the road in terms of quality.
I have 1 exciter on each front door, 1 in the buddy seat and one in the gap that a sunroof would slide into.

Is anyone using these with an amplifier yet?

I'm assuming you can't "blow" these like you can a conical speaker but that doesn't automatically mean you can chuck too much at them, right?

I still have my ones in my van.
I have the smaller ones in the cab and find that they are just a bit to quiet on a long journey which mean they are always cranked up so when I play a song that has a full range in it they tens to struggle.
I will stick with the rear and put some 6x9 or components in the front it think.

They could do with no problems, but I can pick up some second hand 6x9 for less, I have just shelled out for a new beam and Air ride so need to watch my funds for a little while

I'm happy with mine still, I like that they are out of sight and no cutting etc required . Having said that they've not worked in 5 months! ( the vans not been driven!)

Latest posts