Split Beam - Track Difference for K & LP conversion

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike.s

Reaction score
Hi Guys - Does anyone know how much difference there is in track between a late split and early bay beam and spindle - eg drum face to drum face?

I have a complete late split king and link pin frontend with flipped spindles. I understand the split beam narrows the track a bit so trying to weigh up whether it is worth me getting a narrowed beam made up or just using the split beam and welding some adjusters in.

Cheers, Mike

Cheers - i reckon with the flipped spindles and the beam a little narrowere, i`ll stick with the stock beam and some adjusters welded in them=n :)

Not the best picture but this may give you an idea.

K&L Stock width beam, dropped singles and CSP discs. I'm also running pre 64 split screen steel wheels as they have approx +40mm offset so sit really well in the arch.

Nice one - thats cool to see - `ill be running exactly the same setup as you K LP stock beam, dropped spindles, CSP discs, and steels with ET42.

Did you weld adjusters into the beam and if so, did you drop it any further on them?

I`d be interested to see a better photo of how they look with the rest of the bus showing!

Cheers

It has adjusters in the beam set fairly high to lower however I've got Monroe Airshocks on the front linked to a Viair compressor that sits behind the passenger seat to raise the height. The shocks raise the front by 2" which I need to get off the incline on my drive. I then let out about 25% of the pressure to allow for a decent ride with no rubbing.

I bought the van with this front set up (minus the CSP's) nearly 3 years ago and it works really well, especially on camp sites for levelling the van out. It also looks pretty good when you park up and let the air out so it sits with a nice rake.

Pic below with air taken out.

Front shot with pressure @ 75%.

Latest posts