Split Charge System

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genchy

Reaction score
Has anybody had a split charge system fitted to thier bus and if so how much did it cost to have it installed including parts?

I could really do with having this done soon. I would do it myself but i'm not overly clued up on relays and such like and wouldn't want to melt anything :lol:

If there is anyone you could recommend too, either around Grantham or in the North London area.

Cheers,

Kev 8)

Hey dude, you can get one from Just Kampers dirt cheap or Maplins. The wiring is easy as, you can fit it within about an hour. The only pain is having to run a wire from the back of the van (if that is where you want the leisure battery) to the front.

Have a search on google and you will find millions of wiring diagrams and how tos. Most companies who sell em will have a wiring diagram on their site. Its only a few wires nothing to worry about. :D

I will have a look for some wiring diagrams etc for you. 8)

Have a looksy here 8)

http://www.kampenwagen.co.uk/split%20charge%20relay.htm

:D

mate it is simple, really really simple and not worth sending van into someone to have done.

Halfords have a split charge system for about £16 with all the wires and stuff, you will then need a battery and a fuse box and a few other things.

also you will feel very proud if you do it yourself. i fitted my system in about an hour using these destructions http://www.freewebs.com/vwgoatboy/leisurebatteryinstall.htm

meant to add, the halfords one is very expensive, you can go down to a breakers and pick them up cheap or you can gfet relays off ebay for about £2, then need a couple reels of wire (different colours for ease)

Easy, that is top mate. I have seen a few of these but this one is by far the most comprehensive.

Cheers Dude,

Kev

No worries Kev as Swartie said its cool knowing that you have done it. I got a heavy duty one from a caravan shop and its great.

You can get some Zig ones that are a few hundred squids! :shock: but they do have an LCD display and as we know its all about the LCD display :lol: :lol:

Cheers Fella's,

Will have a go myself then, i'm not normally too bad with these things and will normally try and have a go myself but have had little experience of motor electrics so was a little cautious (would be gutted if i melted my bus :( )

All that aside you have given me the info needed, so will give it a shot :D

Thanks again,

Kev

Nice one Kev.

Just remember to disconnect the batteries while you are wiring them all up, we don`t want you melting you or your bus! 8)

Let us know how your getting on. :D

Latest posts