split panel van....??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Analog said:
My old 64, wish i had never sold it.

i'm 6ft 2" and never had any issues, preferred the driving position than that of a bay

n543724679_1236435_5407.jpg

stance :shock:

71dormy said:
no matter how much i love earlys i always seem to find myself looking at early split panel vans :roll:
anyone got any sweet pics i can carry on staring at? Just the price of a pre 57 split panel :lol: hmmm what the future will hold :msn4:

anyone else or just me :shock: ?

You are normal......Go on go on go on...you know it makes sense ;) .......I spent so long looking at them on the net and showing the better half the ones I liked....she got so fed up she made me get one :p only driven it (well steered it as it rolled of the low loader) 10m soooooo excited...

....move on 18mths...sold the bay to pay for the work on it....hopefully the van will be running mid next year.

there is nothing better than a small back window, bullet indicator, ribbed bumper, double door, dove blue panel :msn4:

71dormy said:
siiiickkkkk

more pics?
There's a few more here ;)

mjknight71 said:
there is nothing better than a small back window, bullet indicator, ribbed bumper, double door, dove blue panel :msn4:
Until you wanna stick an 8'x4' sheet of ply in the back :lol: :lol:

this sweetheart is my mates van ive told him 5 no,s on the lottery and this babys mine ...thing is i keep forgetting to buy a ticket....thank god the long haired colonel remembers.. :lol: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21956404@N05/6239877737/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its not just you mate!
I loves a splitty panel van, mind you I love a eb panel van.

Faux & Analog, do you mind if I ask why you dont have yours any more?
Just wondering if earlybays are more practical etc?

krusty said:
Its not just you mate!

Yeah, not very practical and not great to drive at all. There is more space and light in a bay and you sit further from the windscreen too. The build is a lot more sturdy on a bay with an all round nicer feel. My wife hated the splits but loves the bay.

faux said:
krusty said:
Its not just you mate!

Yeah, not very practical and not great to drive at all. There is more space and light in a bay and you sit further from the windscreen too. The build is a lot more sturdy on a bay with an all round nicer feel. My wife hated the splits but loves the bay.

your wife has great taste john..........that last picture of your old bus is now residing 10 minutes from me and still looks as good now, Mitch takes care of it , got best of show last year at Alive n VDubbin... 8)

krusty said:
Its not just you mate!

I wish i still had it, when i sold i was moving to the states, had a snowboard instructors job lined up and everything, then a huge change in plans, by which time i couldn't get it back.

had a chance to get it back last year before the current owner now,
(who, sorry if you/he/they read this, in my opinion, ruined it :msn4:) but funds where just a bit too stretched

hope to get it back again one day maybe

krusty said:
Its not just you mate!

careful krusty, you are sailing close to the wind with statements like that :lol:

i do love a splitty single , not sure about an eb single!!! :lol:

john the horse

moler said:
mjknight71 said:

Double door...you just leave the doors open! :lol: obviously hoping the wind resistance doesn't slow you down too much :msn4:

faux said:

divorce ;)

I went from a few Earlybays to a Split Panel van....

This is mine :)

b2e821fe.jpg

fdc95043.jpg

Not to bad to drive but I've done a steering rack conversion on it. Still running reduction boxes, love it and had great fun it. Still a soft spot for Early bays though!

Off to lurk in the for sale section now... :msn4:

moler said:
mjknight71 said:

or you could just use the roof rack ;) (even though it was a fat hatch)

dsc00153vq7.jpg

You should just get both, then it's the best of both worlds. Here's my 57 panel and 70 deluxe

DSCF0376.jpg

DSC06697.jpg

Latest posts