Spot light brackets-please read.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gas1man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
Good evening one and all.
My name is John and I am the present owner of Boris the bay.
I have a very delicate question to ask of everyone. I am trying to buy a set of spot light brackets.
The ones I am after are made by DORIS. The problem is he has sold his van. Now does not frequent this forum.
I have attempted to contact him and asked anyone who knows him to pm me, to no avail unfortunately.

So my question is.....Do you think it would be wrong to ask someone for the measurements for the brackets he made?
Why his? and not my own ? Well his mean you do not have to drill the bumper and secondly I am crap at that sort of thing.

So best to ask first and please be sincere with your answers.
I do not propose going into production and will have to ask my local steel guru to make it for me.
This will incur a cost and be in raw steel only. If the consensus is NO then this subject will be closed and no hard feelings just understanding on my part.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

J & P
:D :D :D

I Don't see why you couldn't make them yourself. It's not as if they are patented. They are nothing more than bent pieces of metal.

Btw, you don't need brackets or drill holes in the bumper to install foglights. I used the existing holes where the bumper bolts on to the bumper brackets.

as above, I had some of the Doris ones but never used them in the end, and wouldn't have a clue where they are now. Nothing to do with quality etc, they did exactly what they were meant to do. I don't see why you cant make them for yourself they were like a Big ?, with the light bolting to the top and the bumper bolt going through between the gap between the mark and the dot

I tried various positions

but in the end went for option of bolting to original bumper bracket holes, mind you I did move my overriders out to be the same width apart as the rear ones

Latest posts