spot lights on front bumper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk2matt

Reaction score
i was wondering what is the best way to fit a set of spot/fog lights to the front bumper?

i was going to try to find a badge bar and fit them on there along with me badges i have?

or

striaght onto the bumper?

what do you think guys/girls?

i also got hold of some raydyot sereis500 front spot and fog lights with caps in original box, what are they worth?
i might use them but not 1005 sure as i have blue dot set too.

post some pics of yours fitted please so i can get a idea of what they look like

ive got mine drilled into the bumper, quick, secure and easy.

Peggy01.jpg

I think spottys on a bay look cool. Personally I'd like them on a badge bar but they still look nice on the bumper as below. the advantage (esspecially with rare lights) of being on the bumper is that the nuts are under the bumper top so pretty safe from sticky fingers.
p.s. where can I get a badge bar that fits a bay bumper???
100_2860.jpg

I thought about doing this but was scared to mention it incase i got ribbed about ruining the front!
Then again i have my spare on the front!

You could make brackets that sandwich between the bumper mounts and the body, this way you could avoid drilling your bumper. Flat strap bent in a vice to an s/z section and then drilled or slotted to suit.

Ive been looking at fitting spots myself.

Ian

Got one on the front of mine mate

100_1184.jpg

Its fitted to bumper by using one of the OG bumper fixing points 8)

Mine came with the van, and i believe they are pretty old (Exceptional chrome, Lucas)

Fitted using some kind of metal that goes in front of the bumper, and bolted on underneath

This is the only front on shot i have... Ugly or what?!

IMG_1999.jpg

Thats better...

IMG_0118.jpg

Sorry to jack the thread, but have just bought some spots to mount on my bumper (holes already exist in bumper and front panel). Is it an easy job to wire the spots to work on main beam and on a switch?

i would wire the spots using a separate relay through one of the main beam switches. I have them this way as a safety precaution.

I got tired of flicking the spots switch every time i passed a car as well as the dip, i dont know why the PO wired it this way :?

2008_0915spot0292.jpg

Just drilled into bumper.

Latest posts