Spotted a very sad sight in the services yesterday (Midlands

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eeza

Reaction score
What a gutter :cry: Not an EB but I felt the pain

IMAG0285.jpg

I felt sick when I saw it and am glad that I repaced my fuel lines, (maybe not the cause) I explained to my buddy in the car that the vehicle was at least 45 years old and he was just as sick :roll:

Went through it myself in June last year. The worst thing was watching my wife and three year old on the footpath crying there eyes out as our 71 Westy went up in flames:cry:
Now have a replacement 68 tin top after the stress of getting the right amount of insurance paid out. (Big thanks to Graham at Midland Early Bay and Clem for there help through a difficult time ;)

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

two weeks after buying it saw devastated (caught fire 150yrd from a fire station) :roll:

managed to save it

:shock: Oh dear :( this seems to be getting all too common a thing lately, definitely putting a solenoid and new fuel lines to the top of the 'to do' list :(

sparkywig said:
I know the chap, his wife and kid were sat in the back as it caught alight parked in the services.

Hopefully they got out ok?

Have you seen the cool flo panel van fire youtube clips?...............i was amazed how hard it was to put the fire out, the fireman has a bit of a job even with gallons and gallons of water, makes you think about how effective fire extinguishers or the firetec systems would be if the worst happened !!!!!
i guess the sooner you catch it the better,

regards..............kev, (off to check petrol lines and battery again).

That's very emotive photos, reminds me to fit the firetec system still in the shed, might not put the fire out but it'll give more time to get the hell outta' there :(

Scary! i guess the firetec would help briefly, but if fuel was pissing out, not a chance!

Quick quesiton then, how often should fuel lines be replaced?
I know the deal with good quality rubber hose (volksbolts stuff), just havent changed mine for 2 years

uber cool said:
my soleniod arrived today off ebay, I'll let you know if it works okay in the next few days.

Been looking myself, is it This one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Water-Air-Gas-Fuel-NC-Solenoid-Valve-3-8-BSPP-12V-DC-2W-10-/150672848098?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item2314cd34e2#ht_1074wt_689" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And how are u wiring it in ? To the ignition?or to separate kill switch?

Cheers

As bad as it is the bus can be replaced, people cant. Glad they got out safe.

Lost mine in a fire last year after two years doing it up, replaced it now so all is good again

Latest posts