• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Spotted on the dreaded Ebay...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbluebullybus

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-camper-1971-bay-window-tin-top_W0QQitemZ160126660624QQihZ006QQcategoryZ27385QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know not everyone loves Ebay but I've generally done allright by it. Spotted this whilst looking for something completely different. Well you've got to keep checking to see what's on haven't you?

doesnt look to bad, it does have the dreaded monza 4 tip on tho :shock:

The bus looks OK to me, but there is one thing that might put me off...

I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE THIS LISTING AT ANYTIME

Why do people do this? If you want to get a certain amount for your item then add a reserve (is it because it costs money to do this?) or increase your starting price (is it because it costs money to do this too?). It's very annoying when listings are ended early because someone doesn't think they're going to get the price they want! - It's an auction!

Sorry, rant over! :oops: :lol:

;)

nice looking bus cold do with black n silver number plates and for a VW fan he doesn`t know how to spell VOLKSWAG`E`N . Doughnut :lol:

Justin & Mutley said:

Why do people do this? If you want to get a certain amount for your item then add a reserve (is it because it costs money to do this?) or increase your starting price (is it because it costs money to do this too?). It's very annoying when listings are ended early because someone doesn't think they're going to get the price they want! - It's an auction!

;)

EBay is the widest advert you can get for a van. £6 ish gets you national coverage and instant communication. Many use it to advertise the van and then sell it privately .... most reccomend viewing, and that means striking a deal.
Actually selling a van on eBay is very dear due to the fee's. Id (and have) sell it for cash and pull the auction ..... better than hanging on for a better price and selling to a timewaster who pulls out, too.

Clem said:
Justin & Mutley said:

;)

EBay is the widest advert you can get for a van. £6 ish gets you national coverage and instant communication. Many use it to advertise the van and then sell it privately .... most reccomend viewing, and that means striking a deal.
Actually selling a van on eBay is very dear due to the fee's. Id (and have) sell it for cash and pull the auction ..... better than hanging on for a better price and selling to a timewaster who pulls out, too.

I hear what you're saying - and to be honest I can't disagree with a word of it - but, as an Ebay Powerseller myself I think that the legal side of the auctions should apply to buyers and sellers; a buyer should go through with the purchase (as they are supposed to) and the seller should see the auction through to the end, too!

;)

Par for the course,

....some twit called volkswagenharry left me negative feedback after i won an auction and he wouldnt sell the item. (insert your own expletive)

I can understand if someone pulls the auction before the end, but never ever after the auction has finished.

I had to say i was mad. :evil: :evil:

Well firstly hi there,This is my first post......WWWOOOOO .....HOOOOOOOOO
and secondly I brought the bus and will be picking it up at the weekend.Gotta get that front grill sorted :lol: Any ideas? ....

Welcome mate....your first bay or VW?

You'll need to look at that spelling asap...you don't want people thinking it was your doing! Its a nice bus though. You'll get plenty of idea's off here.

At the mo iv,e got three busses on the go.Ive had plenty of air cooled's but I allways wanted an early bay(over a splitty even ).Like I said though gotta change that grill, any ideas ?

NADZ said:
At the mo iv,e got three busses on the go.Ive had plenty of air cooled's but I allways wanted an early bay(over a splitty even ).Like I said though gotta change that grill, any ideas ?

Gratz on your purchase, post us some more pics (a little bigger than ebay please :D .)

I just noticed its and early with late arches (flared), anyway looks lovely and clean?

I gotta say i was the same i always thought id rather have a splitty but i must say i've changed my mind soo much in the last year or so. Early bays seem to have some extra character or something.

Anyway gratz on the bus and welcome to the forums

Latest posts