Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Bra

Picture009.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Sorry was a bit close, couldnr be arsed to move the van back!

CB

slammedresto said:
who did you buy/source it thru

looks nice :wink:

I bought it from Luke Theocari (Terry's Beetles) Its tidy enough for me (with two toddlers pawing over it :roll: )

Thanks

CB

Ok, been busy today, managed to get the safari window in without any hastle, got some paint to put on along the bottom edge tho, job for next time.

Picture078.jpg

Picture084.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Also took the cot out ready for the double bed (work in progress).

Changed the curtain in the cupboard window to match the new set I ran up

Picture090.jpg

Picture091-1.jpg

Picture092.jpg

New number plate surrounds (thanks Fauxy)

Picture086.jpg

Oh and a treat for the head lighs and some kerb feelers finally fitted!

Picture088.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Not a bad old days work :lol:

CB

Also got a set of cab and load area floor mats from Madmatz, the fit great thanks to my measurements :lol:

Picture069.jpg

Picture064-2.jpg

CB

Looking very nice mate! 8) Glad you got the safari in ok, sorry i didn't send a pic as i have miss placed my camera :?

Thanks for the positive comments guys :D

No worries Daz, was a cakewalk to fit, trouble is i now have to paint the return under the window that was covered by the rubber seal :?

CB

After taking out the rear window for the safari, the old rubber was hiding some undercoat that someone couldnt be bothered to paint! This now stands out like a sore thumb............

So today i attemped to do some painting :D Something ide never tried before in any spade is bodywork, so armed with som sandpaper and filler and a tin of Pearl White, i managed to tidy it up. Needs cutting back and blending but im sure it will be ok :? anyhow if it looked perfect it would be odd right?????

Picture095.jpg

Picture099.jpg

CB

Thanks, but there are more than a few flaws........

but it does photograph well :lol:

That floor was covered with an orange carpet for so long that the foam backing had welded its self to the lino, so that pic was taken after an hour with some warm water and a scraper! so its a tad damp, but in remarkable condition.

CB

Looking good. :D

I still can't believe I now own an early bay at long last! :mrgreen:

I bought my previous bay off Luke at Terry's Beetle Services too. Nice chap. :D

swartie said:
Where did you get that safari from and any chance of a pic from inside with tthe safari closed?

keen to get one for my van

cheers

Its a Creative Engineering one off fleebay, bargin compared to new :D , my wife gave birth on monday so ill get a pic in the next few days..............

Good on you Doug, Luke is a good fella, does quality paint too.

CB

Thought is was about time I started fitting some parts that ive been collecting over summer. First off is something ive been looking for for absolutly ages, then this turns up complete in excellent conditing.

DSC00110.jpg

Easily enough to fit, I havnt screwed down the brackets at the pivot end as I want to be able to remove it and put it back to OG if need be, but im still able to hang it up when not in use during the day

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

Fits neatly when in drive mode

DSC00118.jpg

A must if you have 3 kids :lol:

Latest posts