Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi just

That looks neat, I really fancy one of these.

But how does the small end piece stay in place when the bed is set for sleeping etc?

faux said:
Hi just

That looks neat, I really fancy one of these.

But how does the small end piece stay in place when the bed is set for sleeping etc?

Im well please with it! The 'pillow' section is held up with little more than a wire bracket that is attached to the space below the end zipped section of the canvas. It is fixed to the roof and folds down to hold the pillow up.

This shows it all pretty well

Westybed.jpg

Just

Gonna take the Westy tent this weekend (as modeled by my girls)

I worked out how to hang it propely after...promise :?

DSC00105.jpg

vey nice, i had a lie down on a westy upper bunk, im 17stone so was a bit worried but it was really comfortable.

Did you remove the hinge on the safari or did you cut the wardrobe to let it go through it? Like these but ive seen one fitted with the hinge removed and it didnt look very stable and seemed to flex abit on the hinge.

clyde said:
Did you remove the hinge on the safari or did you cut the wardrobe to let it go through it? Like these but ive seen one fitted with the hinge removed and it didnt look very stable and seemed to flex abit on the hinge.

I havnt removed the hinge but i dont use it, I just use a prop in the middle to keep it open :lol:

Just

faux said:
Good to see it being used, westy tent looks great too. 8)

Thanks for the help too. :mrgreen:

The Westy tent tho smaller is much better than the Khyam, looks cooler too.

Hows the Carb?

Hi there. Keep that bus dry m8 cuz its sweet!! Were did you optain that front window cover to hide the sprogs?? Hope its at vanfest 09 would like a look..

derek said:
Hi there. Keep that bus dry m8 cuz its sweet!! Were did you optain that front window cover to hide the sprogs?? Hope its at vanfest 09 would like a look..

Thanks Derek, it does photograph well............the silver front screen cover comes from Bluebird.

Just

Glad to see you back on here.

The carb is still working, needs a recon due to worn bushes but still better than the last one

faux said:
Glad to see you back on here.

The carb is still working, needs a recon due to worn bushes but still better than the last one

Thanks Jon. Lost my mum in Nov kinda fell out of love with all this, been doing a fair bit of camping with the family lately, and using the bus for what i bought it for. The Puck was money well spent, thaks for you input on that one.

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00598.jpg

Overiders off due to fitting off the Westy towbar, had to grind the buggers off! Must fit them again soon!

Im fitting ICTs (this weekend?!) so if your interested in the Empi, only done a couple of hundred miles........

Just

Hi Just

Sorry to hear about your mum. But I am glad you are enjoying the family time.

The puck looks sweet behind your bus, I had to sell mine :cry:

Let me know how much you want for the carb.

Jon

faux said:
Hi Just

Sorry to hear about your mum. But I am glad you are enjoying the family time.

The puck looks sweet behind your bus, I had to sell mine :cry:

Let me know how much you want for the carb.

Jon

No Way :( That sucks mate! If your interested in the carb i accept payment by Cider these days lol ;)

Sorry to hear about your mum Just. Hope everything else is well and good for you. 8)

Latest posts