Springplates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airtime

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a difference between early and late bay spingplates? At the various suppliers I see adjustable springplates for early and late bay, but I was wondering where the difference is in. Or do late springplates directly bolt on mij '68? I have a set of late springplates which I want to notch and change for my std springplates when I drop the rear a notch. ;)

Thanks!

yes there is a difference - the torsion splines are differnt diameters on the late bays, early bays and changeover bays.

Also i think the bolt pattern where the hub carrier bolts on is different between the wide 5 and the narrow 5 PCD bays.

Yeah there is a difference in size at the torsion bar end, but the mounting positions for the hub are the same, the only other difference is, I think late springplates have a cut out to allow the brake line to slide out.

08/67 to 08/69 the plates were different spline size (same as a split screen) and as has been said there is no cut out for the brake line.....makes life a little harder :roll: You will see Creative list the differences and sell the different product to suit the year of the bus.

faux said:
08/67 to 08/69 the plates were different spline size (same as a split screen) and as has been said there is no cut out for the brake line.....makes life a little harder :roll: You will see Creative list the differences and sell the different product to suit the year of the bus.

Thanks! :D I noticed the different products on the Creative site, I just wanted to know what the differences where. ;) Thanks again everyone! 8)

Latest posts