Squeak from the front?????????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyandsean

Reaction score
I seem to have a squeak from the front that I can only discribe sounds like birds cheaping sort of a sound! The longer I drive the lounder it gets. As I stear it goes away but does not sound like a bearing as it squeaks not hums. I have greased the beam and loobed all visable moving parts and it just wont go.
Please help as it is driving me fu**ing mad! :cry:

Just noticed that with the van stationary if I rock the stearing wheel side to side it makes the same squeak??

what condition is the rubber column coupling in?. Mine squeaked the same way as it was perished around one bolt.

Johnny said:
what condition is the rubber column coupling in?. Mine squeaked the same way as it was perished around one bolt.
That was my guess as WD40 stopped it for about 5 mins! Will a good silicone spray sort it? ;)

have you checked it to make sure everything is nice and tight? you dont want anything loose on the coupling.

Johnny said:
have you checked it to make sure everything is nice and tight? you dont want anything loose on the coupling.
Better check it all in the morning but its now started doing it when Im stood still so really confused!!! :? :? :?

i know this sounds daft but buy a cheap stethoscope and get underneath while a mate pretends to be BA in the A-Team bus.

Think it could be the stearing as it sounds more like its inside the cab and when stood still if I rock the wheel from side to side it squeaks then??

Latest posts