Stafford/ Midland Earlybayers help. another request

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petegee56

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by another member of the organisation i work for asking for my help, Another member of his team has been off sick from work for some time with a serious illness, His family do not want me to go into detail about this but lets just say he is having a shit time and the outlook is not looking any better.

It would appear that Gary always had a love of VW campers but never got around to owning one before his illness. I have been asked to see If i can get a few vans together, and as long as gary is well enough, he can come out have a look around them, a chat and generally have something to be cheery about for a little while.

Now the date in question is 30th October, and the location is Walton On The Hill, Stafford, ST17 0JP. The idea is turn up around 11 am and park up for about an hour. When we are done we could always find a pub for a sunday lunch or just head off home.

I do not know Gary or any of the people who contacted me but hey if you cant try to do something nice every once in a while whats the point.

I know the weather will probably shit and cold and this is short notice but is anyone local who can help me out and have a bit of a run out in their bus on a sunday that would be great. It does not have to be loads, but if I could get 4 or 5 together perfect.

Thanks for looking and if you could make it drop me a reply on here or a PM and I will get more specific details up shortly.

MODS hope this is ok in General, I did not think it was really an event.

Pete

It's my birthday on that day Pete, but I'm more than happy to help :) I'm 21 (in my mind, 33 in reality) so what better way to celebrate than a drive out in Mutley for a good cause! :lol: :lol: :lol: I won't be getting many presents as i had my dellorto's for my birthday early!! :lol: Sarah x

We'll come along Pete, and i think we'll have to find a pub for afterwards!

there is a pub just round the corner from walton on the hill that looks over milford common, unfortunately the van is off the road after busfreeze for resto, Is he able to get to Bus freeze this weekend at Stafford county show ground?

Hey roland, No he is not able to get out and about that far, Dont suppose you know then name of the pub ?

Anyone else able to help out

Pete

I know a few folk up that neck of the woods with vans Pete I'll ask around :D

Barley Mow Pub on Milford Common, nice area next to Shugborough Hall. nice cruising area too around and about Cannock Chase.
Im definately up for it, thanks for the heads up sarah!

No worries, ill have a phone about, see who else we can drum up, im sure we'll all enjoy it as much as he does!

vagcar said:
No worries, ill have a phone about, see who else we can drum up, im sure we'll all enjoy it as much as he does!

Knew you'd be up for it vagwa tku! ;) x

Hi I'm in Stafford and have this van I'll swing by,I'll contact a few other Stafford early bayers, steve
ClassC_ibs.jpg

Cheers for all the responses guys, I will post up some finer details monday or tuesday. I appreciate the staffs guys will meet there but how about you others, Fancy a cruise up their together

Pete

Ok this is full steam ahead for sunday, The meetin place details are ironically the pub that we discussed going to after so it should be a nice trip out in the bus.

The location is

Milford Common just off the A513. The post code for this is ST17 0UW.

Time of meet is 11 o clock, we can meet up there or anybody near me we can meet up and drive up there in convoy.

I have spoken to the friends of Gary, the reason they do not wish to go into the extent of Garys illness is because his children do not know the extent of his illness and his family understandibly do not want it coming out by accident.

Some of Garys family and friends are also coming along and are delighted we are trying to put something on. So if we could get a good a turn out as possible that would be great, and if you know anyone who has a vw of any sort see if they fancy a drive out.

thanks again

Pete

Pete I've managed to get my brother on board as well. He has a T25 westy import, which is unforgivable I know but he likes it! See u there.. :mrgreen:

Obviously I cannot attend this but please tell him I said Hi ! and that we know about him and he is in our thoughts and prayers.

Juan in San Diego, California.

Pete has posted this on the late bay as well, i'll deffo be there and hopefully a few others will come along as well, the location is where we hold our meet on the last friday of the month usually so it's all good for me!

Latest posts