Stale petrol

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currylager

Reaction score
To Cut a long story short, mate of mine's bus engine blew up last year in holland and it had to be shipped back to UK in August last year. Just managed to fit a replacement this week, but van is running hot and pinking badly no matter what the timing is set at. Could it be stale petrol???. :?

currylager said:
To Cut a long story short, mate of mine's bus engine blew up last year in holland and it had to be shipped back to UK in August last year. Just managed to fit a replacement this week, but van is running hot and pinking badly no matter what the timing is set at. Could it be stale petrol???. :?

Weak petrol could cause that, drain it and put in some fresh, to be on the safe side.

Defo change the fuel source and stuff in tank, does sound very weird tho :?:

Yes it is rather weird, hope to try some fresh petrol, i always thought pinking was caused by over advanced timing, but it makes no difference, unless of course the advance springs in the dizzy are knackered causing the ignition to over advance for even slight changes in engine speed :?. Will let you all know if the petrol elliminates the problem.

Hmmmm, tricky one. Personally if it sits I always thought it went stale but for what reason, i'm unsure?

Probably worth it just so you know it's ok!

Latest posts