Standard front seat springs?!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

easy

Staff member
Reaction score
I need to replace a couple of seat springs in the passenger seat, does any know if you can buy new ones or are they only through sourcing an old seat?!

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey bud, you can get them brand new from J.A. Milton for just a couple of quid. I keep meaning to order some for mine, I’ve got a couple of repaired ones using electrical connectors that have been like that for a year or two or so. I also found that tying the springs together hog ring style everywhere has actually made them a nicer ride too, I used cable ties and wrapped them around twice but didn’t pull them tight and let the bum tighten them up . I suppose you could even double on the springs if you wanted too, for what they cost.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,don’t know about different guages though :)

easy

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey bud, you can get them brand new from J.A. Milton for just a couple of quid. I keep meaning to order some for mine, I’ve got a couple of repaired ones using electrical connectors that have been like that for a year or two or so. I also found that tying the springs together hog ring style everywhere has actually made them a nicer ride too, I used cable ties and wrapped them around twice but didn’t pull them tight and let the bum tighten them up . I suppose you could even double on the springs if you wanted too, for what they cost.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,don’t know about different guages though :)
Oooo cheers dood, do they sell exact replacements? i cant see them on the site?

mike202

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used 4inch double cone upholstery springs 10 gauge, when I repaired my old seats. They are fairly widely available. I had to cut off one end so the wire slides into the seat frame.

easy

Staff member
Reaction score
I used 4inch double cone upholstery springs 10 gauge, when I repaired my old seats. They are fairly widely available. I had to cut off one end so the wire slides into the seat frame.
Great! cheers dooder!

Latest posts