Starter battery recommendation please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or at least what physical size, capacity and crank current would anyone hazard to guess/recommend?
I've been using an old one from a landrover but to be honest it is far to big and heavy. Now it is getting a little old I want to replace it with a smaller unit. Suggestions please.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

I have a halford 063 in mine. Went for the calcium version as it has a higher CCA and a year extra on the guarantee

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Halfords calcium 063 for me as well.

Although more expensive than similar ones on the web it's easier to exchange under guarantee if you need to.

I think you get a decent saving with their trade card as well if you know anyone who has one.

67westy said:
I think you get a decent saving with their trade card as well if you know anyone who has one.

What he said

I conned them out of one. Most stuff is just a few pence off, but things like batteries/bulbs can offer big discounts, especially their own brand stuff.

People may bad mouth Halfords due to some staff being not very clued up but the good thing is its a big box company so not bothered if you try return something etc, like argos.

Try taking a battery back to a local motor factors and spend an hour arguing that its dodgy (well most not all), they treat you like an idiot. Apologies to the genuinely good ones

What price are these batteries normally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good.
Mines due for replacement.
Wouldnt trust it on a long run. £50 for piece of mind.
Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 065 in mine - think the 063 was beetle size i was told when researching for mine!

Latest posts