Starting to look for my next VW.Gona be a pick up

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baybus70

Reaction score
Just finished a resto, now thinking about a new challenge!
Always fancied a pick up, but i actually am torn between a split, a bay and a T25.
The vehicle does not need to be pratical as it is not a main car.would be loking at spending £2500 to £4K max on the base vehicle.don't want a total rot box tho, a nice solid base.
Need your opinions!
My other train of thought goes towards an early beetle(oval) or a Trekker, i will of course be keeping my bay whatever i get, your opinions and advice as always apretiated! 8)

early bay pick up all the way! get a crew cab though then you have loadsa room for passengers,and if ya short you can even sleep on the back seat! :)

Slight twist on things.What about a VW Caddy :?:
Ive got one as my daily(1985 MK1 model).My 1st diesel,my 1st pickup truck.
Fuel economy like you wouldnt believe. Although rust free examples are going up in price now. Mine isnt rust free :mrgreen:

I do like Synchro double cabs myself, it just shouts "I'm a fucking double cab" 8)

then again I like early DCs' too.... splitty singles look the nuts....

glad your keeping the early....

The cheapest option would be the Wedge DC with a Diesel engine, good opportunitys to put in a nice 1.9TDi too..

Have a look around my old forum http://www.brick-yard.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for some insperation 8) The guys on there are real helpful, the same kind of atmosphere as this place..

whatever you do make sure its not had alot of work done on it. after workign on mine, i'd prefer to go for an unworked slightly rustier van than one that has been worked on lots. it will mean that you only have the spot welds to contend with not the patches that take forever to remove, then you have the original rust to contend with.

i reckon a beetle or bay personally. not sure of the parts availbility of T25 pickups.

Im looking at the moment for a pick up.........must say that my preference is for a splitty....I just think that they look better than a Bay pick up :oops: :oops: BUT I am finding that a good solid one is very hard to find.

Latest posts