staying wide 5 options with disk brakes.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therotbox

Reaction score
I can't afford hundreds for the proper conversion kit so have bought some late bay hubs etc to convert my eb to disk up front. Obviously this means the stud pattern is now small 5. Is there any cost effective ways to stay wide 5 using the late bay hubs? I could only think of an adapter plate? :)

therotbox said:
I can't afford hundreds for the proper conversion kit so have bought some late bay hubs etc to convert my eb to disk up front. Obviously this means the stud pattern is now small 5. Is there any cost effective ways to stay wide 5 using the late bay hubs? I could only think of an adapter plate? :)

I have converted to late Bay brakes and had this dilemma. I decided to bite the bullet and go with 5x112 wheels. I don't favour the use of adaptors as they put extra strain on the wheel bearings. If you are that worried about it you can camouflage the stud pattern slightly by fitting alloys.

you may want to do a search on the forum, this question has been asked a few times, personaly I would go for an adaptor, you should be able to get a 10mm one, you wont notice much in the way of increased track then.

Mark

like these

http://www.machine7.com/section.php?xSec=682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AxlFoley said:
like these

http://www.machine7.com/section.php?xSec=682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jesus, that is £248 for four wheels. :shock:

Thanks guys :) At least I will only be buying for teh front. I have bought a set of alloys that were a good price and want to use them.

Have a look at my bus in the gallery. Been running late discs with adaptors for 3000 miles no worries

speedwell68 said:
I have converted to late Bay brakes and had this dilemma. I decided to bite the bullet and go with 5x112 wheels. I don't favour the use of adaptors as they put extra strain on the wheel bearings. If you are that worried about it you can camouflage the stud pattern slightly by fitting alloys.

I agree - ssp fuch reps [my choice when the funds allow] look nice and happily disguise the fact I am running less maintenance braking...the front drums are very good if properly maintained, the only issue is the potential to fade, but decent shoes and decent brake fluid would see you around this.

I have that the mild lowering [something which is not for everyone I know] and brakes BUT staying wide 5 is going to cost me about £1200 more than using what I have laying around....that's split beam and csp's.
That buys me the fuch and decent commercial rated lower profiles with change.

I'll keep the wide5 stuff for prosperity and if I decide to ever sell as original.........

Hi we do a wide 5 kit using vented discs, but the pcd adapter that makes up the hub is removable so you can change the pcd, and depending on what wheels your running we can vary the offset to suit. The kit was designed so that practically any wheels can be fitted depending the space governered by the ET of the wheels.

futbus
http://www.futbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts