steel quality ?? are some different ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trebor

Reaction score
Is the engine deck steel different to the rest of the vehicle ? Took a nice cleaned of area painted Ferro Betol rust preventive on it and it goes slimy black which dries all powdery :? Not the usual crispy light grey colour.

I can keep cleaning it off but the slimy black crap still comes back it oozes out after a few minutes :? :? I can only think the steel is of a different makeup to the rest of the bus.

Does not happen in the engine bay area or tinware and other bits of mild steel.

Could be that this part was painted/treated with something different in its history that is reacting with the product you are using? Just a thunk.

Suppose so, but looking at the condition of the rest of the bus it's not been given any love and I can't see previous owners stripping it back to metal, it looked og. The most it's had was a coat of green, blue, yellow finished off with grey put on with a roller lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mild steels not porous so even if it was shit steel nothing would leech in or out of it. It would be something on the surface. Have you used marine clean or some other product to clean it?

Latest posts