steering column related 'how to fix?'

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl1971

Reaction score
any tips out there pls?
I have a LHD type 2 71/72 crossover and have quite a bit of 'play' in the steering column - (hey, who doesn't?)

It's never been enough to fail MOT but previous owner fitted a bit of bodge - a jubilee clip between floor and base of column to try to improve/minimise back and forth play (note no up and down movement) but I would like it properly sorted now I am making my way around the van into year 3 of ownership

I have an advisory from last MOT to replace centre drag link end ball joint (as it had slight play) but whilst I am convinced looking at paper diagrams the two problems arent related (so doing that with parts on order from JK) i wanted to find out if anyone could send me/direct me to a site where I can see a proper blowup diagram of how the whole column itself goes together. My haynes manual diagrams just arent clear enough to me and dont want to start pulling apart (even with my trusted dubba mate) without a decent picture/reference or sharing notes with someone who has done it already (and what advice you might have)

much appreciated

K

Steeringcol.gif

Latest posts