Steering column upper plastic isolator

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yorkieman

Reaction score
I have fitted my thin plastic bush which goes around the steering lock part of the column its got a hole in for the lock to move in and out through but, it keeps slipping down the column and I find it around the base meaning of course that its then not isolating the column, presumably when I get the electrics working the horn will probably sound continuously unless its in position properly. Any ideas, can I tape it to the column to stop it moving?

Did mine a couple of weeks ago bit of a pig to fit, mine was very tight fitting between the tube and the housing, have you tried using a dab of evostick to get it to stay in-place wont make any difference to the insulation ?

good luck
Vinvan

vinvan said:
Did mine a couple of weeks ago bit of a pig to fit, mine was very tight fitting between the tube and the housing, have you tried using a dab of evostick to get it to stay in-place wont make any difference to the insulation ?

good luck
Vinvan

Thanks yes will try that.

Would there be any chance of a picture of where the bit of plastic sits please? Bentleys doesn't show it :oops:

Hodgins said:
Would there be any chance of a picture of where the bit of plastic sits please? Bentleys doesn't show it :oops:
Cannot get a pic until I dismantle the steering column at the top but, it fits around the outside of the steering column tube inside the switch housing exactly where the steering lock comes through the column tube.

Thanks Yorkieman :) I think I get where you mean, just got to figure the dismantling bit haha

Latest posts