Steering - Lock to Lock

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Tall

Reaction score
I just installed a 4" narrowed beam and 2.5" drop spindles on my 71 westy. Having just set it on the ground for the first time and started to play with the alignment enought to get it to the local 4 wheel alignment shop i noticed I am only getting 1-1/2 turns on the steering wheel from lock to lock. I don't remember what it was but I feel that it should be closer to 3 turns lock to lock.
I have checked to make sure I am not hitting anything underneath while and I don't have the steering stop bolts installed.
Would some let me know how many turns they are getting from lock to lock to help me confirm my concern.
Thanks,

At the risk (read defo will) of making me sound like a dumb twat, by shortening the beam and all the steering bits then it would take less effort from the box to go from one extreme to the other??

Ok hit me with it :mrgreen:

Not really. The reduction would be from the wheels hitting the inner frame, which I am not close to.

Sorry to jump on your thread dude but just need a bit of advice
What did you do with your anti roll bar?
I've just had my 4" narrowed beam built up but were not sure what to do with the anti roll bar

Cheers
Mark

Nothing. I had a split van years back i narrowed and never ran a sway bar. It is isn't the end of the world. I do know there are some companies that make a universal style bar.

Is it a king & link pin beam? I'm pretty sure they have a smaller turning circle.

Latest posts