steves 67 bay resto thread

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's been a while.......... a trekker and a bug have been completed in the meantime!

here's the first of the white bits, out in the sun they hurt your eyes 8) !!

54iscg7.jpg

4vsob42.jpg

46zu06p.jpg

2nk2ekz.jpg

66cwu3d.jpg

Body will be white straight of the mixing scheme(no tinters involved) and roof and maybe bumpers having up to 1/2 a kilo of emerald green metalflake thrown at em and between 10 and 15 coats of lacquer(dashboard had 17 coats).White steering wheel with maybe a bit of mirraflake added,chrome steering column,headstock and indicator housing.Cheers STEVE

Less of the CHAV,matt black or white with metalflake is a winner. Love it or hate it you'll see it.It WILL NOT be another DOVE BLUE or PEARL WHITE splitty commercial :oops: HANDBAGS AT DAWN.Remember Chris you too were once BAY and PROUD :wink:

Nowt wrong with Bays mate, and i have to admit i do have the worst paint job in the world at the moment!!!

But i'll not have a word said against Dove blue - the BEST VW colour ever :D

After along wait got the wood surround for the Golde sunroof back,after trial fit to see ,if it still fitted in hole after repairing surrounding area,got it screwed and sealed in place.
080130120234.jpg

080130120402.jpg

080130120042.jpg

Fitted extended aftermarket rear bumper to make brackets for holding sides.Bumper has had about 100mm added on sides so the slash follows the slope of the wheelarch.
080123120410.jpg

080123120050.jpg

Bumper mounts
2v1oj95.jpg

Death on a stick :shock:
zy69hy.jpg

Valance
1gpw5.jpg

Surfs up!! more waves than the North sea ...... nowt a little bit of flatting won't sort out :wink:
fw10n9.jpg

The man himself
v5vcw3.jpg

Latest posts