steves 67 bay resto thread

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realise now you've slammed it that by the time you get it up from your workshop to the road over those pot holes there aint gonna be any paint on the pedal tray....

there will however be a huge sparkly snail trail all the way back....

:lol:

looking good ....

Cheers guys

Araon-- Had to try the metalflake mix on something,i had thought about getting it chromed.Has the tailgate returned or is the painter minus limbs?

the limbs will be taking a battering when I get back from me hols....

images1.jpg

Spent a few hours wet flatting with 1000 grit and gave it another 5 coats of lacquer.

e6yk5h.jpg

15ysz9z.jpg

Just got to flat with 1500 and then mop it.

Been to Steve's today, first time since the roofs been done.

Believe me. his wanky photo's don't do it justice, it is absolutely awesome. I have to admit to doubting his colour sceme all along, but i take it all back - it's stunning, and the finish is faultless

popcorn balls said:
Been to Steve's today, first time since the roofs been done.

Believe me. his wanky photo's don't do it justice, it is absolutely awesome. I have to admit to doubting his colour sceme all along, but i take it all back - it's stunning, and the finish is faultless

It's not faultless Chris,i've got a few issues with it after flating and buffing it today(the joy's you miss) but there nothing David Blunkett will notice.

bol- haz da got de hedleaning n yit ?

Few pics outside after it had a bit of flatting with 1500grit to remove some bits of crap and a bit of buffing
2i92xsk.jpg

amb95f.jpg

161nyq1.jpg

303hkzl.jpg

Started to strip dash to repaint the metalflake

This is going to look the nuts....................why are you stripping the dash? Tiki style??????????? dose that mean pin striping, in green flake of course? What rims are you going with? Pointed caps to suit the steering wheel per chance? When will this be on the road, cant wait to see it in the flesh...............Keep up the good work

Its gonna be a mad van! keep up the good work! :mrgreen:

clyde said:
This is going to look the nuts....................why are you stripping the dash? Tiki style??????????? dose that mean pin striping, in green flake of course? What rims are you going with? Pointed caps to suit the steering wheel per chance? When will this be on the road, cant wait to see it in the flesh...............Keep up the good work

Metalflake on dashboard from a different source,larger flakes and slightly paler and a bit bluer.Looked good before i did the roof,but the smaller flakes and a bit darker won the day.Might have got away with it when dash was all built up but i've had this mad idea about painting kick panels in flake and it would have shown up if i do it.Wheels for the time being are to stay as Audi steels with Moon Discs but would really love some Astro Supremes(all depends on money and offset,etc).Lots of pinstriping when funds allow

saw the van in the flesh today at Steve's....really looking quality. It certainly is going to be a one off. The chrome steering column and white steering wheel is ace. Bling!

mat just logged on to this thread, that roof is insane mate, i think all the hard work will be well worth it, would love to see it in the nz sunshine !!!!!! just wanted to say that a good few years ago now(2000) i went to india for new years and we saw a car there with metal flake window tint,transparent but super spangly,so managed to track a load down and i have used some on the sunvisor are on my oval, in the sun its cracking, ive got some if your keen, never seen it anywhere else... let me know ..
Cant wait to see the next batch of pix.
Loving your work !!!!!! 8)

nz71delux said:
mat just logged on to this thread, that roof is insane mate, i think all the hard work will be well worth it, would love to see it in the nz sunshine !!!!!! just wanted to say that a good few years ago now(2000) i went to india for new years and we saw a car there with metal flake window tint,transparent but super spangly,so managed to track a load down and i have used some on the sunvisor are on my oval, in the sun its cracking, ive got some if your keen, never seen it anywhere else... let me know ..
Cant wait to see the next batch of pix.
Loving your work !!!!!! 8)

Cheers any chance of posting some pics of window tint and sunvisor

Steve

Latest posts