Stolen van blues...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE LAST PANZER said:
gee said:
nice one bertie, keep us posted, at the very least it would put another hurdle out for the scumbags ..you could probaly add some sort of sign [warning..STOLEN vw parts are being checked for at this event] i know that may be difficult to check, but it may put the toe rags on the backfoot, and raise awerness to people that attend these events, longing for a van, but not up to date with whats going on. sort of day trippers and families, who like the vw,s. if you know what i mean.... :mrgreen:

The sign may give the scum prior warning and they could sneak off unoticed, i think no warning the element of surprise maybe a better option ( this is not meant to sound like i'm disregarding what you have said ;) )
yep fair point i for one would love to catch them red handed :blowingup:

gee said:
THE LAST PANZER said:
gee said:
nice one bertie, keep us posted, at the very least it would put another hurdle out for the scumbags ..you could probaly add some sort of sign [warning..STOLEN vw parts are being checked for at this event] i know that may be difficult to check, but it may put the toe rags on the backfoot, and raise awerness to people that attend these events, longing for a van, but not up to date with whats going on. sort of day trippers and families, who like the vw,s. if you know what i mean.... :mrgreen:

The sign may give the scum prior warning and they could sneak off unoticed, i think no warning the element of surprise maybe a better option ( this is not meant to sound like i'm disregarding what you have said ;) )
yep fair point i for one would love to catch them red handed :blowingup:

Yeah we could tag team the bastards :lol:

Update:

Our local PC is calling round tomorrow. I have printed off pages from this forum and quite a few others detailing the theft so thank to everyone who has added the details.

I have got eight colour prints done and will detaill all of the key features of the van showing the exact how, why and wherefore of it being all but unique.

Next door hhave cctv coverage of the road but only at 90 degrees to the road. They heard the van being started around midnight and no lorry came by so it was driven away. A suspicious black-out car was seen by another neighbour then seen cruising up and down stopping alongside the van.

The bobby has agreed that the local cctv cameras need checking to see where it came from / went to. None in the village but the key routes out all have coverage.

Harlequin told me of a van which was nicked and traced to Bermondsey. They will look at cameras on the A20 which heads that way.

I've followed up on two leads, but neither were any use.

In the meantime the insurers want the keys, logbook, driving licence copies etc so that is starting to grind through.

Thanks again for everyone's efforts and kind words. Maybe the next group buy could be tracking systems?

One last thing is that I am probably getting my old 1303 back having given / lent it. However it is in Chelmsford with no MOT. Anyone know of someone who could transport it back to Kent for a sensible fee?

Nice to hear to OB doing a bit now Mike , hoping you will turn up something ;)

Speak to SK about transport as i used a Polish guy he reccomended and the service was A1

Best of luck mate

Cheers Grazy! The guy you mention re transport actually took my van to Chris a while back. Sadly neither he nor any of the people he used to know now do transport.

Mikejust a thought, give your local bobby a call and ask him to do a back office check of all ANPR cameras for 36 hrs around the time of your van going as they record every ping ;)

Mike, just returned from holiday and clocked this thread - terrible news, good luck in recovery it can't be far and is well distinctive.

Rick

actually felt sick hearing about this,i'm so gutted for you considering all
the work thats gone into getting the bus to that standard.
might be worth letting some local places know about this
(infact i'll try and pop in to some this week)

Gutted for you mate, my club (Splitterz) is near Chelmsford - I'll put a request on our Forum for you (keep a look out and transport to Kent).

Tell you what ,over the last year an awful lot of Southg London/Kent
Busses have gone - seems to be semi-organized to me................. :(

bermuda blue said:
Tell you what ,over the last year an awful lot of Southg London/Kent
Busses have gone - seems to be semi-organized to me................. :(

That's what I said to the old Bill yesterday. Maybe my next job is to find out exactly who has lost vans, not just earlybays I gather.

They need to start doing sting operations like they do in the states. Park a nicely restored bus somewhere in London...have a bunch of heavies hiding in a plain white Van just up the street...wait till they take the bait and then jump out and beat the kaka out of them!

Humphrey said:
They need to start doing sting operations like they do in the states. Park a nicely restored bus somewhere in London...have a bunch of heavies hiding in a plain white Van just up the street...wait till they take the bait and then jump out and beat the kaka out of them!

I for one would pay good money to watch that shit, on another note i'm going to notify my friend who does a lot of classic vw moving from north to south of UK and vice versa. He's also got loads of mates in the scrap trade ( don't worry he's not a pikey :lol: ) and he can put a word out there as well, i know thats the last place anybody wants there bus to end up but the more eyes and ears that are out there the better chance we have of catching the theiving scum.

Just a quick message to add a good finish to the thread. I've been watching a couple of vans on ebay, one of which was also on sale here...

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was up early, drove to Nottingham and am pleased to say the above van is the one to replace my lost DeLuxe.

As those who knew my van will see I am somewhat predictable in my preferences! What a bus... roll on next year and some shows.

Thanks again to everyone who has been on the look-out and for all the support from this great forum.

Good choice Mike, in a rare colour as well. Well done

Mike F said:
Just a quick message to add a good finish to the thread. I've been watching a couple of vans on ebay, one of which was also on sale here...

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was up early, drove to Nottingham and am pleased to say the above van is the one to replace my lost DeLuxe.

As those who knew my van will see I am somewhat predictable in my preferences! What a bus... roll on next year and some shows.

Thanks again to everyone who has been on the look-out and for all the support from this great forum.

congrats mike, bet you cant wait to collect it 8)

glad to hear u will be back in a bus soon

Latest posts