Strange noise bugging the sh1t out of me

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyandsean

Reaction score
I know I have asked this before but thought a better discription may help. I have a very strange noise coming from the back of the bus as I put my foot down on the clutch pedal but only at speed. If I am sat at lights and so on and put my foot on the clutch pedal I get no noise and the same at very low speeds, no noise. I would have thought if it was a clutch bearing it would be all the time wheather moving or stood still. Very confused by this so would really like some ideas of what it could be or if anyone has had the same. Thanks :(

Hi mate

Does sound like the clutch bearing. Probably best to have the engine out and have a look. I done this to my van on Sunday changed the whole clutch, pressure plate and release bearing. Really easy job and mine now works a treat.

Yer it doesnt take long. As im not that great at mechanics aswell I had a mate with me and we just took our time. Got the engine out in about an hour after disconnecting all the wires etc. The clutch really doesn't take more than 20 minutes to change if that. I got some heavy duty clips for the release bearing and they took the longest to fit. Getting the engine back in took probably 2 hours once getting it all lined up.

All in all a job i would recommend to anyone. Even a novice like me. :p

just taken it to JC at Haworth (top bloke). Said turn the radio up and dont worry as its not that bad :lol: :lol: :lol:

if when you get the noise at speed on clutch depression, you take it out of gear...what does the noise do - stay or disappear.

it could be the clutch bearing still as it is perhaps revs related? if not I'm thinking possible slight whine from the gearbox when you engage clutch?maybe try changing/checking g/box oil?

dubdubz said:
if when you get the noise at speed on clutch depression, you take it out of gear...what does the noise do - stay or disappear.

it could be the clutch bearing still as it is perhaps revs related? if not I'm thinking possible slight whine from the gearbox when you engage clutch?maybe try changing/checking g/box oil?
When coasting at speed the noise is still there and checked the gearbox oil last week!

dubdubz said:
dunno then - I'd order a clutch kit if you ever drop the engine for any maintenance and replace the bearing then.
Thats what I thought, if I ever have to drop the engine I will do it then but for now Ill just turn the stereo up :lol: Cheers dude!

Latest posts