• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Stunning Original 1968 Westfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reborn bay man

Reaction score
For Sale

A most original 1968 Type 2 Westfalia Camper in amazing condition. Shipped by me from sunny Sacramento USA in 2011, so has lived in a dry climate all its life.
1968 was a one year only build and has many parts fitted that are unique to only to this year, all of which are fitted.

Sympathetically recommissioned and not restored still with its correct engine and running gear. No welding to any of the bodywork and all original paintwork apart from the fibreglass pop top.

The body panels are lovely and straight with a few slight scratches which adds to it's patina.
The chassis has been treated to a thin coat of Anchor Wax applied by Clem who know's the camper very well. I stripped all the interior out including cupboards, seats, door cards and then gave a complete thin coat of Anchor Wax to the interior.

Running gear has been overhauled and replaced where necessary using only quality parts.

All the window, door, 1/4 light rubbers and seals replaced with Wolfsburg West parts including front/rear screens. Only changed due to being perished in the Californian sunshine for 20 odd years.

The interior is in amazing condition with the correct "baby pooh" upholstery, wood roof lining is like new and unmarked. Pop top canvas has been replaced with one from Wolfsburg West in the correct colour complete with fringe. Even the original floor covering is there and in great condition along with the front rubber mat. Spare wheel is stamped 1968 and fitted with a cross ply tyre that has never been used.

Engine runs beautifully and starts first time and gear changing is spot on, it has always had regular oil and filter changes. In fact since ownership from 2011 she has never broken down or failed to get us to and from our journeys. On a recent trip to southern France we did circa 2000 miles and it never missed a beat.

All in all she is a stunning beautiful camper who has given us lots and lots of fun and happiness since owning her. Having had two spinal operations then Prostate Cancer I have made the very difficult decision to pass her on to a new guardian. Hence looking for a good home and loving new owner.

Any more information please contact me.

£28.500

Latest posts