sunroof deluxe drainage?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D@VEY

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the the drainage holes exit at the bottom of a bus?
A picture would be great if anyone has got one please?
There are 6 and not sure where to route the new ones ive had to put in?

run your hands along the seals and you will find two holes on both sides one at the bottom of the a post and the other at the back end of the sliding door,
then there is two at the back that go down the air scops

Thanks for the reply as mine were rotten not sure how to bring the pipe out at the bottom?

You can try gently pushing some pvc tube up from the bottom till it appears out of the top (just inside the roof). It is much easier with the headliner out.

You'll need to get the water out of the sunroof tray and into the tubes - hopefully you still have the plastic guides at the top.

Let us all know how you get on.

Thanks again!

Ive done all the work.
all I need to know is where does the drain pipe exit?

1.Out of the front of the pannel?
2.Out of the back of the pannel?

As OP has anyone got a Sunroof with Og drainage that has got a pic or know for sure?

D@VEY said:
Thanks again!

Ive done all the work.

As OP has anyone got a Sunroof with Og drainage that has got a pic or know for sure?

Give me an hour, I may have some clear photos of mine

D@VEY said:
Thanks again!

Ive done all the work.

It drains through 2 holes that exit at the front and back of the sill on each side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK,

You have 6 drainage pipes from the sunroof :-

2 either side at the front corners that go down the B Pillars (behind cab doors) & come out directly behind the front wheels above the jacking points

fuchs1on-8.jpg

2 at the rear corners of the sunroof aperture that go dow the C Pillars & exit just above the rear jacking points (just at the rear of the sliding door opening)

MPWOct15th-20.jpg

the final 2 are right at the back of the section that the sunroof slides into & go down the rear quarter & can be seen inside the rear air vents on the rear upper quarters & also in either side of the engine bay, the pipe can be seen in this engine bay shot.

sunroofdrain-1.jpg

Hope this helps :D

Graham

Awesome thanks for the heads up!

Was not sure they come out the front for definate!

:mrgreen:

Mr Bightside beat me to it. Still got to do mine. Let us know how you get on chasing the new pipe down the pillars. Do you think you need all 6 drains functioning to avoid a leak - guess it depends on the amount of rain? would be nice to skip the middle ones for example by blocking them up.

bayview said:
Mr Bightside beat me to it. Still got to do mine. Let us know how you get on chasing the new pipe down the pillars. Do you think you need all 6 drains functioning to avoid a leak - guess it depends on the amount of rain? would be nice to skip the middle ones for example by blocking them up.

Hi I cut holes in the pillars to get the new pipe in! The old one was rusty and corroded to bits.
Im going to make use of the front 4 hole and not worry too much about the back ones.I cut my roof off to get access and to the tray and gutters.
I have put hose pipe in the pillars to replace the metal pipe. Where it goes through the swage line it narrows so is quite difficult to get anything past it.
Look here.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20159&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck

Latest posts