Supertramp's European Adventure - (Now over, safely home)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well in preparation for collection in two and a bit weeks, work on my bus has been progressing quickly. Engine has had a full service, oil change, points sorting etc.
Electrics have been fixed. Indicators, wipers and lights all work. Horn is a work in progress.

But most importantly, poptop canvas has been installed and new roof seals all round. Canvas was ordered from FBI volkswagen and is a Wolfsburg west one. Apparently it fits really well and looks excellent in the pictures.

F10E4CC0-99F2-43A0-9E99-DDA2CA636F5A.jpg

6F454590-4910-44AA-B5C4-221006B1A4D1.jpg

A7A62E26-AA40-4DA7-8AC0-781F552D0958.jpg

AB418872-5BD7-4DB1-8669-A1C1832E09DB.jpg

2E0847D7-E85E-4F06-B48A-4EE94507CB03.jpg

BDD31CC4-76F1-4770-A4D5-AE70F1A0B484.jpg

Looking much better now.

Myvanway said:
Canvas looks Great 8) ....... Your roof ply looks awesome in these pics.
Are all three parts in that condition? (Quality)

8)

Cheers Paul. Yeah the entire headliner looks like that. All the ply panels are in excellent condition considering they're original.

Looking great - nice to have all that already done for when you pick it up! Take your time coming home and enjoy :msn4:

Thanks for the nice comments!

On my way!
About to board my flight to Amsterdam armed with these:
468D983A-B5E7-4A1E-9611-15C78DEBBC2A.jpg

Will keep updating throughout the day.
Wish me luck

Hi Paddy

You can always call into Aircooled 14 on your way back, its on the way to the MOT station :lol: :lol: :lol: , have a good trip :mrgreen:

Thank you for all the luck. Just landed and waiting for my luggage, excitement is building!
Graham, I'll be at aircooled 14 anyway. Can't wait :D

78EDEAB2-3F15-40FF-8282-84C9A5D215D6.jpg

Broken down! Was in third when all of a sudden complete loss of power. Fortunately was in a place to pull over. Now wont start. Engine bay is roasting too and im only half an hour off the ferry.
Any ideas?

Is it turning over ok? If so check your getting fuel to the carb, might be a blocked fuel filter (if you have one) - the engine bays do get hot so try not to be alarmed

StuF said:
Is it turning over ok? If so check your getting fuel to the carb, might be a blocked fuel filter (if you have one) - the engine bays do get hot so try not to be alarmed

It's turning over just not starting. Apparently it's had a new fuel filter?

Can you tell if the carb is getting fuel?

Pop the line going from the fuel pump to the carb off and carefully position it in a bottle - when turning over there should be a decent spray of fuel visible from the pump into the bottle.

If that is ok refit and tighten the hose and check for a spark from the leads - obviously with the fuel contaminated bottle well out of the way

StuF said:
Can you tell if the carb is getting fuel?

Pop the line going from the fuel pump to the carb off and carefully position it in a bottle - when turning over there should be a decent spray of fuel visible from the pump into the bottle.

If that is ok refit and tighten the hose and check for a spark from the leads - obviously with the fuel contaminated bottle well out of the way

Hi Stu. Cheers for the help. No fuel to the carb is correct. Took the line off and into a bottle and there's nothing. Got underneath to look at the filter but can't see anything. Got breakdown coming for me now :( gutted doesn't quite describe how I feel but on the bright side at least I have a bed to kip in until they arrive.

Latest posts