Surfboards and VW's Let's see yours!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justcruzin

Reaction score
I would like to see and hear about your surfboards mounted to your VW. What ever VW you have. I hope that is ok to ask for "any" VW in this section?? If not can a mod move this to a more appropriate section?

I am just getting started in carrying surfboards on my VW's and am looking for a good mounting system. I am mainly going to carry them for displays, but do want to try my hand at paddle boarding, so eventually will be carrying my newly acquired board on my bus or my bug. Here are a couple pics of my VW's and my boards!

That dirty one at the far right is my first board I bought. I bought it down the street at a yard sale. We didn't have room in the car so I ended up walking it home. Kept asking the neighbors if they new where the ocean was? LOL

86382b0f.jpg

Same boards against my 64.

df6e2bd1.jpg

Bought this windsurf board at a swap meet for 5 bucks! Just the board, it is missing everything from sail to fins, but for 5 bucks I could easily make it a paddle board.

IMG_4230.jpg

One of the boards just sitting on my bug. Still need to figure out brackets or straps to hold it on.

file.jpg

My newest board. Another windsurf board. This one has it's middle retractable fin, but is missing the other rear fin. This one will be my learner board as it is 11' long and about 2'3" wide.

IMG_4419.jpg

Here it is on my bus rack. Again, I still need to figure out how to strap it down. I read in one of my searches about Dakine straps. I'm going to go look for some of those tomorrow. The poster that mentioned them said they can carry up to 4 boards with them. I would like to carry at least 2 for shows.

IMG_4418.jpg

Another thing, how do you carry your board? Fins forward (at front of car) or fins backward (at back of car)? I read somewhere, from a true surfer, that the fins go forward. ?

Let's see what you have!!

Latest posts