Surrey meet?????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What day suits best

• Saturday

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sunday

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • monday

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

froggy

Reaction score
Following on from http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26175&p=228122#p228122 thought i'd start a new thread.
There seems to be a few of us with-in the area and it makes sense if we can arrange a local meet.
Any ideas on locations? I'm new to the area so cant really help with this one.
Maybe if we start a list of lpeople intersted and the area you live we can sort something out between us. I'll start
1. Froggy - Simon - Addlestone

R73 - Rob - Woking
Suggestions.
The Fairmile, Cobham
Newlands Corner, Clandon

Streetboy - Bookham

Suggestions;
Fairmile - Cobham
Newlands corner
Rikers cafe - Boxhill

If you guys made it Boxhill I reckon some of the NW Kent / SE London earlybayers may come along and join you!

Hi Mike, the more the merrier :D

But it has to suit everyone wanting to turn out, and Surrey's a big county. Be good for me as I'm 5 mins away ;)

We are just outside Ewhurst, so interested in a meet for sure.
Newlands Corner or Box Hill good for us :D
Isn't there one in Horsham? Can't remember where I saw - JK?

Hi Angus, yeah there is a Horsham meet, maybe if a meet was arranged at Boxhill they could come up as a one off as well as the se london/kent guys? Sundays do see a turn out of bikes so maybe a Saturday would be better?
I guess you don't have to stick to the same venue all the time, and you move it round a bit, keeps it more interesting that way. Only an email or posting to let people know.

There is an eb'er in Dorking (forgot his name :oops: ) and I've seen another bus around there too.

Hi. We are in Dorking and members of the Surrey Air Cooled Owners Club who meet at the Fairmile in Cobham. They are a friendly bunch and always looking for new members.

http://www.saoc.co.uk/main.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not as big or active in the rally scene as some perhaps but a good bunch all the same

If you'd rather start a new club or just an informal meet near Boxhill there is a good pub with large car park just outside Dorking on the A25 towards Reigate which would be ideal. It's a Harvester type pub called the Water Mill and has plenty of bars and outside space. I'm happy to have a word with them and suss them out if you are all seriously interested.

I would suggest an early week evening rather than a weekend though as the pub would be quieter. If you still prefer Rykers be aware that it's often almost as busy on a Saturday as a Sunday

Tim S - New Haw

Happy to join in with whatever, really. Usually very busy though so like to dip in and out as it suits me!

As a former biker, +1 on Not Rykers at the weekend.

I may pop in, box hill is good for me as home is Croydon, but I work near Chertsey, so anywhere suits!

Seems enough to get something sorted. So the big question, what day and where do we have it?
Bit of a majority vote coming on I think ;)

Froggy, what do you think?

streetboy said:
Seems enough to get something sorted. So the big question, what day and where do we have it?
Bit of a majority vote coming on I think ;)

Froggy, what do you think?
I work 4 on 4off so will attend whenever i can, think for the 1st meet maybe a weekend would be good.
Will try and start a poll and let people decide on what day is best for them as the venue is seems to be between 2 although with all the interest from other countys :lol: maybe Boxhill (or the pub down the road) for the 1st meet and then we can judge the interest and discuss other meets

Original post edited to include a poll.
Choose 2 options(days) that best suit and we can take it from there
If weekdays then assuming it will be an evening meet but if weekend then times also need to be discussed,
I voted SAT & SUN for the 1st meet due to my shifts (and it means i dont have to get lost / drive in the dark :lol: )

Rich-Rich-Bedford

Bloody miles away but my Bus has Surrey connections :mrgreen:

Will be next year now but if the meet is up n running.......

Rich

Latest posts