Surrey meet?????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What day suits best

• Saturday

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sunday

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • monday

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rich said:
Rich-Rich-Bedford

Bloody miles away but my Bus has Surrey connections :mrgreen:

Will be next year now but if the meet is up n running.......

Rich
Did you get the bus's passport stamped

I'll pop down to t'Water Mill tomorrow to see if they are happy for us to meet there at least to start with. Once we get a few of us together and understand what we want from the meet or a potential full club set up I'd like to take you all down to the SAOC meeting at the Fairmile one evening to see if it's worth everyone joining that club

Sounds good Sydney, I'm up for it ;)

Having been to the Watermill for a meal a few times on a weekend it can be quite busy

Fairmile, Watermill and Boxhill are all pretty close to me.

The water Mill seems to be local to few of you guys - but realisticly a bit out of my reach i think -busy schedule and all that!!
Like the idea of checking out the Surrey Air cooled meet in cobham sometime though.

r73 said:
The water Mill seems to be local to few of you guys - but realisticly a bit out of my reach i think -busy schedule and all that!!
Like the idea of checking out the Surrey Air cooled meet in cobham sometime though.
Maybe a Watermill / boxhill meet to start with to just to meet each other and then if people are interested / keen to join then msybe a meet with the surrey club, after that people can decide what they want.

This started as a leisurely lets meet thread to starting a full blown club :lol: :lol: :lol:

froggy said:
r73 said:
Maybe a Watermill / boxhill meet to start with to just to meet each other and then if people are interested / keen to join then msybe a meet with the surrey club, after that people can decide what they want.

This started as a leisurely lets meet thread to starting a full blown club :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good idea. I didn't get down to the Watermill today but will tomorrow and report back.

Any more votes to come before we pick a day?

Im more into popping along, having a brew n chill out for a bit (and maybe sneak off to Brighton 4 a bit of fishing if i can get away with it :mrgreen: ) and talk Busses rather than join a club.
Keep it informal i say 8)

Rich

Rich said:
Im more into popping along, having a brew n chill out for a bit (and maybe sneak off to Brighton 4 a bit of fishing if i can get away with it :mrgreen: ) and talk Busses rather than join a club.
Keep it informal i say 8)

Rich
I agree but it wont hurt to go along to a club meet.
I wont be able to make every (?) meet anyway because of shift working but would be nice to meet and catch up every now and again

Hi all, informal all the way I say, just a get together as and when we can get a few up for it.

Sydney,I still like the idea of popping to the Fairmile one night ;)

17 votes cast and Sunday seems the favourite, followed by saturday and then tuesday.
Any more for any more?
Are we still thinking Boxhill for the meet?

sunday's good. but i tell you what, for anyone that hasnt been to rykers on a weekend - sunday especially, you better like bikes!!
should nt be too bad now its a bit colder but in the summer we will never get in the car park!!
I still reckon its worth a go though - we can always figure something else out if it soesnt work. 8)

Agreed, a Sunday/time of our choosing at Boxhill then? if its rammed we could pop down the road to the Watermill, only 5 mins.

Any more for any more?
If not how about arranging a meet for October 10th at Boxhill (dont think theres a show on this weekend)
What time? 1500?

I'd hope to get across from Kent, and there may be a couple more of us. Only thing is that 3pm sounds a little late, I'd prefer to be back on the road around 4.30 ish.

sunday 10th at boxhill sounds good to me - checked the mrs diary and nothing penciled in!! we have kids by the way so be prepared!!
time wise - maybe earlier would be better?? but i'll go with the flow 8)

froggy said:
Lets say 1-1.30 at Boxhill on Sunday 10th October then.
We could all meet up here and then maybe convoy to the watermill if boxhill is crowded?
http://www.ixion.org.uk/Meetings/BoxHill.html
(Hope this is what we're talking about)
That's what I thought we were talking about. There's an overflow car park on the A24 side which is less likely to be full of bikes if it's cold or damp or the sun isn't shining.

I'll try to make it but I'm away on Saturday night so it depends when I get back and that will depend on how hungover I am.

1.30 sounds great. I'll try to recruit the SE London / NW Kent guys at the Breeze tomorrow. If they don't agree to come along I won't cook their breakfast!

Latest posts