T-haus dropped spindles too low

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenhewkin91

Reaction score
Evening all,

Just finished fitting my dropped spindles to my 69 bus and its mega low. Like beam end plate, centre pin, bottom adjuster, and pitman arm all about 1-2 inches from the ground.

Ive lifted the beam up as high as it will go on the adjusters and I dont know what else I can do. I toom the bus round the block and it scraped everywhere.

Trouble is, I like the look 8)

Question is, if I were to fit a purpose built narrowed beam from the likes of T-haus or limebug- like this http://www.limebug.net/product/view/1656/titan-4-narrowed-beam-t2-bay-window-1968-79" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, would it solve the fact the beam end plates and centre pin and adjusters being too low to the ground?

Next question, how do all you low guys get round you pitman arm b3ing so low to the ground as I dont like the idea of that cathcing every two minutes as im driving along. Does somewhere do a shorter one or flipped one etc?

Thanks in advance

When the adjusters were fitted they might have been fitted to get a lower drop but means even when cranked as high as they will go you are not back at stock height. Mine was the same and was very low on the T-haus spindles although not as bad as yours. I ground the bottom off the beam end plates and fitted the gaz coilovers which has given me just about enough road clearance now although I bottomed it out the other day doing 55 over a fair sized hump :shock: I'm intending to go to slightly bigger tyres as well now I have the gaz shocks set right. This should give me another 5-10 mm clearance.

Thanks for the reply.

Thats what im thinking that the adjusters have been welded in too far round.

My question is, is that if I were to fit a narrow beam (one built especially from T-haus etc) would that sort my issues of the adjusters, centre pin and beam end plates being so close to the ground. After all they are designed and built to be run on low vans so hopefully they should have taken all this into consideration.

My main worry is the pitman arm/ steering arm as this sits super low and I cant see how people get round this, as even if I fit a narrowed beam ti cure all mentioned issues above, the steering arm will still be hanging down, and suseptible to being hit on the ground.

If you fit a narrowed beam you are taking the adjusters out of the equation so you should be stock height minus the t-haus spindle drop so you should not be as low, you'll lose the look a little but gain drive-ability. Banging and crashing everywhere gets boring quite quickly :) to gain the clearance at those lows can get quite expensive so it's a compromise between costs, looks and practicality.

67westy said:
If you fit a narrowed beam you are taking the adjusters out of the equation so you should be stock height minus the t-haus spindle drop so you should not be as low, you'll lose the look a little but gain drive-ability. Banging and crashing everywhere gets boring quite quickly :) to gain the clearance at those lows can get quite expensive so it's a compromise between costs, looks and practicality.

Narrow beams come with adjusters welded in but are welded in in a better postition than mine I guess so that ill have more adjustability/ be able to lift it up a but more and have the adjusters out the way if the road! Haha

Stevenhewkin91 said:
67westy said:

Narrow beams come with adjusters welded in but are welded in in a better postition than mine I guess so that ill have more adjustability/ be able to lift it up a but more and have the adjusters out the way if the road! Haha

Ahh didn't look at the link :) will let you fine tune it more if you have the adjuster then. If you aren't bothered about going narrowed then a stock beam secondhand may be cheaper

Latest posts