t25 wheels compatability for t2

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stagger lee

Reaction score
questions:

do t25 wheels fit onto small 5 stud t2 pattern?
what size are the wheels, 15 inch diamter?
what width same as a t2?
do they share the same hubcap?

thanks in advance.

T25 are 112 PCD and 15" as standard, not sure about width and offset. However have since a few T25 with late bay wheels and hup caps, so guess not to much difference in offset and width.

thanks guys, was hoping they were 15's as standard for ease of availability. i could really do with 15" steel wheels to go on my van, any recommendations?

There is a Mercedes wheel that is 15". All the boys who do the IRS and dics front end conversion on their splits here use them. I'm not sure what part number they are but if you go to http://www.volksculture.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and ask there someone will give you the goss.

Just got myself a set of transporter wheels of a 05 plate van. They are 15", 6" wide. They don't have hub cap lumps, if you know what I mean, but you can get round that with clips.

The offset is 55 rather than 34 but I've done some measuring and guessing and I have just bought 4 x 10mm spacers and longer studs for the hubs and I reckon with the tyres I am going to fit all will be well. The wheels came with 205/65 15's so I am going to try them on the back and run with 195/65 15's on the front. Easy to get them in the right load rating too. I've not fitted it all up yet as I am going to paint them first but if my calculations and guess work are right then there shouldn't be much of a problem.

madman said:
Just got myself a set of transporter wheels of a 05 plate van. They are 15", 6" wide. They don't have hub cap lumps, if you know what I mean, but you can get round that with clips.

The offset is 55 rather than 34 but I've done some measuring and guessing and I have just bought 4 x 10mm spacers and longer studs for the hubs and I reckon with the tyres I am going to fit all will be well. The wheels came with 205/65 15's so I am going to try them on the back and run with 195/65 15's on the front. Easy to get them in the right load rating too. I've not fitted it all up yet as I am going to paint them first but if my calculations and guess work are right then there shouldn't be much of a problem.

If you fit disc brake studs into the rear hubs you get extra length, but if you already have discs up front you might have to find some longer studs. I had all sorts of drama with the front set up on my bus. i eventually found some that were minutely wider and had my hubs drilled to fit them.
Might pay to give them a test fit first.

lobus said:
madman said:

If you fit disc brake studs into the rear hubs you get extra length, but if you already have discs up front you might have to find some longer studs. I had all sorts of drama with the front set up on my bus. i eventually found some that were minutely wider and had my hubs drilled to fit them.
Might pay to give them a test fit first.

Already trial fitted the wheels, thats where my measurements came from. Already bought the new studs too.

interesting, i think those merc wheels are off a c-class, not sure. found some sites with massive lists of wheels etc.

i need to progress to 15" wheels to give me a little extra diameter clearence with dropped spindles. my current 14" wheels are spaced out a little to help clear the bottom balljoint on the inner rim. subsequently the tyres sometimes catch the arch a little whith tight turns. it's been like this for years. need to sort it now really :roll: not interested in narrow beams at this stage.

i think porsche steels will be my best bet. tall, i.e. 15" plus abit skinny, aren't they 5.5? i can easily drill my discs/hubs to 130 pcd.

has anyone ever fitted beetle wheels to the front of their van? i think these would give excellent clearence all round, aren't they like 4.5jx15 or somehting?

stagger lee said:
has anyone ever fitted beetle wheels to the front of their van? i think these would give excellent clearence all round, aren't they like 4.5jx15 or somehting?

Wide 5 bug wheels are used a bit .... I assume you are 112pcd though? but if you use Type 3 ('back) wheels they have a better (ie more tucked) offset that Bug ones ... might be worth bearing in mind.

hiya mike, nice bit of information that. yes i am 112 pcd, but to be honest it's easy for me to mod the hub/disc carriers to 130 pcd, which i believe t1 and t3's are? the extra offset of t3 steels are ideal. i take it they are the same offset front and rear, t3 that is?

ah, i see now i read the 'back as 'back wheels' not the type; square, notch or fast ;)

stagger lee said:
hiya mike, nice bit of information that. yes i am 112 pcd, but to be honest it's easy for me to mod the hub/disc carriers to 130 pcd, which i believe t1 and t3's are? the extra offset of t3 steels are ideal. i take it they are the same offset front and rear, t3 that is?

ah, i see now i read the 'back as 'back wheels' not the type; square, notch or fast ;)

Confusion :lol:

No, I used the term 'back to mean square, fast or notch, not T3 as in Type 25. Anyways, the wheels offsets on squares etc are the same front and rear, the pcd for 'late' (70 on) cars is 4 x 130 :)

stagger lee said:
and finally mike, are they 15" diameter?
cheers bud.

Yes, they are.

I have one spare kicking about, off my old fastback, if you need one to mock up/try for size?

stagger lee said:
mike, that'd be great. let us know what the errr, practicable logistics are and we can sort somehting out.
laters, dude.
Jools
Are you still in Stafford?
Ill be there early July for Camperjam. I dont know what timescales your working to. I work with a bloke who lives that way too.

mike, no longer resident in stafford, but trip back often to see folks etc. now based in w.yorkshire. i can say 99% sure i'll go to the c'jam. i'll get in touch closer to the time via pm etc and sort out a meet there. how does that sound?
laters.

stagger lee said:
mike, no longer resident in stafford, but trip back often to see folks etc. now based in w.yorkshire. i can say 99% sure i'll go to the c'jam. i'll get in touch closer to the time via pm etc and sort out a meet there. how does that sound?
laters.

Sounds good. :)

Latest posts