T2D Dropped spindles for bays..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm deffo up for this now :D.

Will my bus come out like this Paul?

ballbagbuslower1.jpg

Just read and re-read this thread, are these dropped spindles actually flipped spindles machined to accept the ball joint fitted upside down? :? :? :?
They must be based on a standard spindle as there is no cutting or welding (which i presume is where the added track comes from on say Nates dropped spindles?) so is it a simple as flipping and re-machining for the new ball joints, are there over sized compared to normal?, is this why replacement ball joints will need to be bought direct for T2d?
Sorry for all the questions / assumptions just cant get my head around things today :(

froggy said:
Just read and re-read this thread, are these dropped spindles actually flipped spindles machined to accept the ball joint fitted upside down? :? :? :?
They must be based on a standard spindle as there is no cutting or welding (which i presume is where the added track comes from on say Nates dropped spindles?) so is it a simple as flipping and re-machining for the new ball joints, are there over sized compared to normal?, is this why replacement ball joints will need to be bought direct for T2d?
Sorry for all the questions / assumptions just cant get my head around things today :(

t2d said:
In Brief the Spindles are modified/machined to allow you to run a reversed ball joint, which in turn allows the spindle to run above the arm instead of underneath, hence giving the 3-1/2 inch drop.

So they are not flipped, its the ball joints position thats changed. They are indeed based on a modified standard spindle hence no track increase. The ball joints have been specially sourced to allow for the reversed load and require some machining to the trailing arms, these are not stock items, again the reason why replcements would come from T2D - Awesome eh! :mrgreen:

Gareth

froggy said:
:oops:
My head hurts

Come on froggy you flit from one lowering method to the next at the drop of a hat, now make your mind up!!! :mrgreen:

You have to admit these babies are going to give the best ride with no change to the stock suspension or track, you know it makes sense! :lol:

froggy said:
My head hurts
put everything out of your mind for a minute.

now imagine an owl in a black cloak and mortar board... i call him professor hoots.

anyway, for the sake of simplicity (assuming you know how your suspension works :oops: ) those crazy T2D Kids have taken the balljoints and turned them upside-down, so the threaded bit points up instead of down. then they've mounted the spindle, only of course now it's sitting on top of the trailing arms instead of riding below them.

T2D.jpg

as you can see from my shit drawing, the distance from the road to the centreline of the front axle is denoted by A in the stock setting, and B in the T2D setting.

simply then B - A = amount lowered.

will they be safe and successful ?

*fingers crossed*

8)

cyberdyne systems said:
froggy said:
My head hurts

Come on froggy you flit from one lowering method to the next at the drop of a hat, now make your mind up!!! :mrgreen:

You have to admit these babies are going to give the best ride with no change to the stock suspension or track, you know it makes sense! :lol:
Problem is i work mainly nights and with the internet my only friend in the wee hours i spend way to much time looking at threads / forums. :roll:
I see something like it, ask questions then see something else, ask questions, then see something else blah blah blah, you get the idea. :oops:
My latest idea is buy a set of later spindles/hubs/discs etc, use the spindles in exchange for dropped spindles then fit them,doing it this way i still have the van on the road. 8)
Unless i spend to much time tonight looking at threads, asking questions....... :lol:

the councillor said:
froggy said:
My head hurts

now imagine an owl in a black cloak and mortar board... i call him professor hoots.

anyway, for the sake of simplicity (assuming you know how your suspension works :oops: ) those crazy T2D Kids have taken the balljoints and turned them upside-down, so the threaded bit points up instead of down. then they've mounted the spindle, only of course now it's sitting on top of the trailing arms instead of riding below them.

T2D.jpg

as you can see from my shit drawing, the distance from the road to the centreline of the front axle is denoted by A in the stock setting, and B in the T2D setting.

*fingers crossed*

8)

Excellent :lol:

ballbag said:
the councillor said:
froggy said:
My head hurts

T2D.jpg

*fingers crossed*

8)

Excellent :lol:
I bow down to you sir :lol:

I have just been on the phone to Paul at Type 2 detectives with regards my bus being lowered using their new dropped spindle system.

My van will be used a demo for all to see how it's done and everyone is welcome to pop down and watch

It will be having a the new spindles on the front and the rear lowered as much as safely possible while it's there, and I for one can't wait

It will be happening on the 4th of April all day and Paul said it's fine for people to stay outside thier premises in your own vans and maybe make it our own little day out

So that's saturday 4th April 09, make it a date in your diaries and you never know you might even want it done yourself!

see ya there

Jay

Latest posts