t4 2.0 will it fit straight in to an early bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamberJim

Reaction score
May have the chance to get a 2.0 type 4, currenlty have 1600 tp, would the type 4 fit straight in or would i have to change the gearbox etc? also does anyone know if there would be much advantage type 4 will have 40 idf 009 and performance exhaust. would i notice much difference to the 1600 tp?

I believe you just have to machine the bellhousing on the gearbox to make it fit

mine has a 1641 in at the moment, but during the fitting we were looking at the bellhousing which had been machined a bit, and the concensus was that that was to accomodate a 2l lump

Yep, gotta pull the tranny.

My recommendation is to pull it and swap out a later model tranny while you're at it. You'd look cool with all that power until you grenade the tranny over time. We're only talking a 20HP upgrade in stock form, but people tend to beat on the equipment more than normal when they upgrade.

You also need to rig the late model rear mount to your frame and open up the hole by carving out the rear apron to fit the 2.0L tin.

Go for it!

Latest posts