Tailgate Hinge Covers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stu1210

Reaction score
Anyone shed some light on how to fit the feckers!?!

I'm bamboozled at the minute... They are the West Coast Metric ones from JK... They seem to be formed in no relation to the god damn roof!!!

They can be a real pain in the arse to fit. The moulds used are probably pretty lame to start with but as the covers are made out of ABS they tend to 'relax' after they've been moulded to shape.

The only thing to do is a trial fit to see where they need tweaking, once you've sussed that, plunge the buggers into a bucket of very hot water, after a 30secs or so take them out and immediately bend them to the shape you want. Hold them in this position until cool and then trial fit again. Repeat the process until you're happy. Probably best to wear gloves when you do this cos very hot water is err......very hot :lol:

Cheers

Ian

I fitted some to a Splitty that I used to own....When I closed the tailgate the hinges caught on the covers and ripped them off the roof (tearing my new (expensive headlining). I had to cut a section out of the covers to allow the tailgate to close with them fitted... BEWARE :evil:

Latest posts