the bang bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supertramp said:
Stunning bus and almost identical to mine. What's the plan for the interior? You have the nonwalkthrough like mine so will be interesting to see what you do.

the plan is to keep it simple. gonna have a cabinet in the corner behind the drivers seat at a 45 degree angle. another bench either side of that to match in with the r&r bed.

no cooker or sink, I prefer to cook & wash up outside the van

Picked up the steels from the powder coaters.
shitty picture but it gives the idea

Edit; if I can photobucket to work

Started re-building my interior today. the back is still empty but front coming together

Seats were pure filth, raw bleach & a scrubbing brush sorted them out

Matz mat & kickers fitted

Matching dash carpet

Didn't realise you're supposed to screw the dash mat down with the heater vents. :oops:

No wonder mine looks shit and yours sits so nicely.

aspro said:
Didn't realise you're supposed to screw the dash mat down with the heater vents. :oops:

I scratched my head a bit with that. knew it couldn't be right just lying on top because it looked shite :lol:

gumbo said:
aspro said:

I scratched my head a bit with that. knew it couldn't be right just lying on top because it looked shite :lol:

:oops: I looked at that and saw how good it looked - was too embaressed to say mines just stuck on top too! Does look very nice screwed down properly - mines been like it for years, got one of the first earlybay ones from Madmats at a show years back!

Guess what i'm doing at the weekend.....

AListair

aogrady said:
gumbo said:
aspro said:

:oops: I looked at that and saw how good it looked - was too embaressed to say mines just stuck on top too! Does look very nice screwed down properly - mines been like it for years, got one of the first earlybay ones from Madmats at a show years back!

Guess what i'm doing at the weekend.....

AListair
I had to use longer screws to get it to sit properly, 25mm & a lot of fiddling

Tonight's job was insulating the roof. well chuffed with it & it feels like it's getting somewhere. was pissed off looking at the lack of headlining progress

Good to see this bus progress from owner to owner putting there own stamp on it 8) like what your doing to it and them wheels 8)

Walt said:
gumbo said:
Tonight's job was insulating the roof. well chuffed with it & it feels like it's getting somewhere. was pissed off looking at the lack of headlining progress

Hi,

What material did you use for the insulation?

Cheers.

it's a foil insulation from screwfix. page 112 in catalogue I think (maybe) . 2 rolls was just short but I had some left from my panel van build

Started fitting my DIY faux leather panels today.. in the rain

they look a bit crap in the pics but I'm happy with them. look a lot better in the flesh

Latest posts