The beginning of something beautiful- our '71 bay project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi just been reading your thread, I have the chance of a 1.6 d caddy engine, and was wanting to know if it would bolt straight up to my current gear box 1.6.tp / and what other adjustments etc need to be done , cheers :? :?

vandaddy71 said:
hi just been reading your thread, I have the chance of a 1.6 d caddy engine, and was wanting to know if it would bolt straight up to my current gear box 1.6.tp / and what other adjustments etc need to be done , cheers :? :?

It won't bolt straight up, easiest option is to get hold of a T25 gearbox bell housing and associated parts (pickup pipe, sump etc).

To be honest though if it's not a Tdi engine and just an Sdi or older I wouldn't bother with the hassle of transplanting it.

I'm also looking at inverting an A4/passant box and there's actually not that much work involved and there are plenty of (T25) people who have done it now with very little problems.

Anyway sorry to talk over someone else's project thread, I think someone needs to start a diesel transplant thread.

And I think all possible water cooled (Subaru, tdi etc) transplant questions will be answered here.

http://www.vwkd.co.uk/bb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Awesome bus, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. 8)

Latest posts