The Clitorbus - my '69 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belts came up nice after a good scrub in a bucket of soapy water, love seeing the results :D

Drove it home for the first time today, didn't make it to Wolfsburg Wizards today as it was crazy busy at work (thank you all)

Couldn't help but stop off down the road & take a few shots :D

Also re-fitted the front belts & cleaned out the top & bottom sliding door runners, It was more like glue so I used some 'dry lube' that I usually use on my bike chain.

Picked up the bus from Karl @ Wolfsburg Wizards this evening, in for a flywheel & engine bay seals, general oil change/service & steering idler, very happy with his work

Changed all the brake hoses after Karl found this beauty on the rear

Picked up a hitcher on the way home from work!

72b838a66148e550f85e4fd58fa17466_zps970cabc6.jpg

2c443a2f073ba142f164c76d00f9374c_zps2db2497a.jpg

Laid the laminate this evening, just need to trim the last piece, then it's bedtime!

fe2f81e0111b6d0906a86f9d2e955ffb_zpsb061885c.jpg

684e48945567cc744977f4c8031db885_zps333dfd07.jpg

Fitted the cab mat today, lovely quality & fit

5d54d48007fcaefc23d3157ee877a939_zps52a5ee10.jpg

& the rusty lee bed is in :D

4793c1eb180fc7acfcd1d4560201cc9a_zps4b426133.jpg

& this was on the doorstep when I got in

718a33aef1837a52930724cd28795506_zps1ed35db2.jpg

can you still use the middle seats with that rock n'roll seat ? can you send me some pics of the installation ? quite interested, i have bought a Rock n'roll set (not the one like you have) here on the forum, but only consists of hinges ... never got it installed because i couldn't use the middle seats ...

fastfred said:
can you still use the middle seats with that rock n'roll seat ? can you send me some pics of the installation ? quite interested, i have bought a Rock n'roll set (not the one like you have) here on the forum, but only consists of hinges ... never got it installed because i couldn't use the middle seats ...

I suppose if you had the middle seat against the bulkhead, I've taken both rows out. think the hinges you've bought need to be used with a wood base/back & foam :D

you can bolt the seats on the hinges, or the hinges on the seats ... that's no problem i suppose, i'm just not fitting them because i need to get rid of middleseat then ... choices, choices, choices ...

fastfred said:
you can bolt the seats on the hinges, or the hinges on the seats ... that's no problem i suppose, i'm just not fitting them because i need to get rid of middleseat then ... choices, choices, choices ...

Going through the same thing at every stage, still haven't sussed where to put the subs etc.... ;)

After looking round EBI last month for inspiration , I decided to call it 'the Clitorbus ' as there were so many beige deluxe's , I think the only way to make mine look different is to keep it stock.......... For the rest of this year anyway :D[/quote]

Nice choice! Stock is the Shi...t :D

Temporary cover on the bed :D

c40d6705b42e17a74e83c7cbafa52133_zpsb24348d0.jpg

Changing the light wiring to euro spec using the reverse lights as indicators after we checked the lights and no brake lights, after removing the speed cluster we found that the hazard switch had fallen apart, the new ones don't match the old layout so new wires need to be run.

Also replaced the centre guide on the sliding door and replaced the grease etc, just need to put the cover back on.

Found this site very helpful:
http://www.ratwell.com/technical/SlidingDoor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice steady progress Ben , Looks like it will be a winner !

I too used that ratwell link when i sorted my sliding door , As people will say i'm no mechanic but it made th whole job really straight forward !

Looking forward to the next update fella

Oh where did you get your rubber mat in the cab from ?

Cheers G

Grazy said:
Nice steady progress Ben , Looks like it will be a winner !

I too used that ratwell link when i sorted my sliding door , As people will say i'm no mechanic but it made th whole job really straight forward !

Looking forward to the next update fella

Oh where did you get your rubber mat in the cab from ?

Cheers G

The mat came from work (vw heritage ) it will need cutting for the berg shifter, it's a Wolfsburg west mat, we make a similar quality for a right hooker

:D

Lovely bus. Looks very similar to mine. Out of interest how come you didn't go for chrome inserts in your seals?

Latest posts