The Dropped Dough Ball

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Scampi.

To be honest, its been a hard slog, I bought it some 7 years ago and it looked very good then, but after a new engine and bits, plus a serious amount of botched body work to sort out, here she is! :wink:

When doing the body work (took 9 months!) found all sorts of nasties like news paper covered in filler etc. The best of all was that it had taken a hit all the way down the passengers side and instead of bangingout the dents, it was just fillered over! resulting in just over 1 inch of filler in some places!! When cutting off the bottom half of the sliding door, it hit the ground and I could hardly lift it, it was nearly all filler! :shock:

Engines next. Nothing special just clean and nice. 8)

Yes fella.

That's it man. Something just nice and clean. None of the subaru rubbish that's going in them!

Mine had a resto a few year ago and going to get started on it again soon.

I will hopefully see you at some of the shows?

Gonna be at allot of shows next year, probably starting with vanwest nr Bristol, are you going? 8)

Not sure yet!

I'll be down there probably but no show and shines for me this year.

Like having a load of cider then sleeping the hangover off!

What dates is Vanwest next year. Not seen a calender yet with dates on!

Its the 12th and 13th of May.

I will be there, also sleeping in late and missing the show and shine due to local scrumpy sampling!

8)

Just realised I haven`t put a pic of her from behind. So this is a pic of poppys rear!
Poppy-NewBack.jpg

Yes, will hopefully be there and also missing the show n' shine for the same reasons!

I will be at a few more before that show though I hope fella!

Cool nice work on missing the show and shine! Hopefully we can catch up there and have a scrumpy or 2?! 8)

very very nice bus mate,

do you get any rubbing from it being solow on stock wheels?

pon my last bus i had my brms and when i lowered it it was continuously rubbing.

cheers

hello mate :D

Cheers for the compliments.

No rubbing atall, although you do have to be careful when the road is a bit pot holey (Bristol roads are s**t!) and if your carrying heavy loads.

I have lightened it up by putting fibreglass bumpers on etc, to keep the weight down.

Its even all fine with the turning circle, but don`t put on big valve caps cos you ruin everything! they stick out and wreck the arches and wheel. I haven`t done it, but i know a man who has! 8) :roll:

Hooray!! the busy postman has been again! got to fit this little badboy now 8) Just out and not over in the uk yet as far as I am aware. :D

Finally retro cool tachs!

TACH1.jpg

TACH2.jpg

8) 8)

I managed to get a company in the UK to add it to their import list. Cost £96 including shipping aswell! result especially as the normal ones over here cost £109 with postage extra.

Retro as you like 8)

Latest posts