The Dropped Dough Ball

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the complete CB performance kit with the webder 34icts, the guys at CB performance in the states pre set it with the jets etc for a stock 1600cc and after the rolling road they didn`t have to be changed atall. :D I managed to get an extra 30% more power out of the old girl with these carbs and a tune on the rolling road. Much more tork and a new top speed of 85mph + hooray! The fuel economy has been exactly the same so far, but will check to see the difference on a long run.

The empi replacement stuff is basically done with cheaper materials and I have seen a few that have been misshaped and so do not fit correctly. Air gaps etc. I am not saying that they are bad or anything but, I have seen and heard allot of people who have experienced these problems, so I didn`t want to take any risks.

It also works out over £100 cheaper if you buy direct from the states!

Here are some pics from Fridays mission to Interpro in Thornbury Nr Bristol
A great bunch of guys who really know there stuff and made Poppy (me bus!) a hell of allot better.

They also discovered that I had a weird dizzy that I didn`t know I had as it didn`t have mechanical advance only vacume???

Anyway here are some pics of the rolling road mission.

PoppyRoad9.jpg

PoppyRoad8.jpg

PoppyRoad6.jpg

PoppyRoad4.jpg

PoppyRoad2.jpg

PoppyRoad1.jpg

Brooom Brooom!

easy said:
I used the complete CB performance kit with the webder 34icts.......It also works out over £100 cheaper if you buy direct from the states!
Scuse the questions, but what was the final dollar cost Easy? With the exchange rate the way it is right now buying from the US is the way to go.

Thats why I went to them, apart from the empi thing.

The total cost in dollars including shipping was...........$430!!!!!

Thats about £270!!!! try and find that with the same parts and shipping from the UK.

The 34icts kit come with the big idf air filters aswell!

Easy company to deal with, I spoke to a guy called daniel in the sales department. 8) 8)

easy, I've been very slow complimenting you on your van, so respect muchly over due for your quality ride

how have you dropped the front end?

and interesting the return you get from ict's. I was planning an ida upgrade instead, but obviously they are much more expensive, and I could give the old 1679 some more oomph cheaper and quicker

Thank you kindly fella.

Dropped spindles and an adjustable beam, but the beam isn`t really altered as it would rub the tyres. I would like to tub the arches about an inch so that I could keep the wheels and go lower on them, but I like the way it is at the moment.

May raise the back up a spline for a tiny rake as its level at the moment.

IDFs would give you a big difference in power but your fuel bill will saw up and up!

I chose these as it would give me just enough oompf to get up the hills when on holiday but not comprimising on the fuel side of it. 8) 8)

velly eenteresting

I too am about to fit drop spindles but stick with stock wheels (and whitewalls coincidentally)

a drop like that would suit me fine

I was thinking about narrowing the beam at the same time, as the spindles widen the track 9mm each side :shock:

is yours narrowed at all, or did you wangle some different spindles?

onto t'other end... I thought idf's would be more fuel efficient than ict's, but I'm no mechanic and I guess I've not looked at it in depth

and i swear that thinking about it I have already posted about how fine your van is. but I have posted a couple o' times in the past only for it to disappear... maybe I'm upsetting folk telling them how cool their vans are?! :?

All cool chap.

I have disc brakes on the front with a spacer so needed shorter spindles (not sure where they were from.)

Be careful with the beam as the big wheels are close to hitting and don`t but I am sure they would with a narrowed beam.

IDFs use more fuel than the icts and at the bigger price for the carbs plus the extra fuel costs I didn`t want to go through with it.

Best option is maybe a 1776 engine with twin 34s or go with the idfs if you want tons of beans :D

Cheers dude 8) All your cool comments make the hours of tinkering and too many overdrafts all worth while :D

Thats a great lookin van Easy, you have inspired me!

What I particulary like is the stock looking wheels with the chrome domes, personally I prefer this look to Empis, BRM's etc and they suit a lowered early bay. Make go for this look with my old Devon. Fab interior as well.

stay cool 8)

Nice one easy, I must get my van in for a proper tune up. although my accelerator seems to be sticking a bit now so will get that sorted first. also i have other work i want to try do soonish

but when i am ready i will contact you for the garages number. Also it will give me an excuse to go out in bristol.

cheers

No probs swartie, let me know.

Hey scampi hope the move went well. Im doing really well at the moment, but an expensive month van wise....new carbs, rolling road, rev counter and an MOT at the end of the month! plus we are having our new clubs first meet on Sunday. Busy as you like!

Hope you are settled into the new job.

easy said:
No probs swartie, let me know.

Hey scampi hope the move went well. Im doing really well at the moment, but an expensive month van wise....new carbs, rolling road, rev counter and an MOT at the end of the month! plus we are having our new clubs first meet on Sunday. Busy as you like!

Hope you are settled into the new job.

Hey man.

Settled in well but had to come home for a couple of weeks as my Dad is in intensive care. :cry:

My Mum needs somone about and stuff so had to come home.

I don't know if my job is safe but I can get a new one anywyay when my Dad's better hopefully? If not I'm going to move southwards and will have to try and get to one of the meets. Some nice vans in that club :wink:

My van goes for it's retest tomorrow so hopefully all will be well?

Sorry to hear about your pop, hope all gets better soon.

Do it! move to Bristol, would be ace to have a panel in the club! plus we can show you to a few cider hotspots! :D

I'm going to see how the week goes and then try and sort something out.

Will know more about how things are going to pen out at the end of it. Should be making more decisions on my pops by then hopefully!

Is it a cool place to live around that area?

Bristol rocks! From there myself and will be moving back in a few years I reckon! Am planning to definitely get down for Van West this year.

Latest posts