The Dropped Dough Ball

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is bling! I have tried to find a quality retro one for ages but all of the ones I have seen have either been far to expensive or not in the right style. This is a happy medium me thinks 8)

Just fitted these little heat slider badboys, a bit on the flimsy side, but look good!

HeatSliders.jpg

HeatSliders1.jpg

8)

easy said:
Just fitted these little heat slider badboys, a bit on the flimsy side, but look good!

HeatSliders1.jpg

HeatSliders.jpg

8)

I know this van and it is even better in real life and the wheels are so clean simple they look super-- as for your sliders-- I have seen these before-- arn't they the ones from Kirks USS Enterprises transporter controls :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beam me up Scotty

Nice one Ian!

Apparently they are sponsored by Mr Spock, which is weird?? :lol: :lol:

easy said:
Nice one Ian!

Apparently they are sponsored by Mr Spock, which is weird?? :lol: :lol:

Well thats life 'but not as we know it' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Started to build me new 34icts from CB performance, great quality and all weber or cb performance (no dodgy empi in these chaps!)

carbs.jpg

Actual carb pics to follow, when I build them up. ( I need a bit of help though as I am rubbish and need things checking over!

Cheers chaps! :D

Gonna be loads of engine work on the old girl this January plus the joys of a MOT to contend with so hopefully up and rocking for Feb.

Gonna do the engine before and after pics soon. 8)

Don't believe the hype, this is one rusty hulk. The bus is nice though :lol: :lol: Seriously this is one of the best bays i've seen and well woth a look at shows. Just needs some new rims now and it'll be sorted :D :shock: :D

Finally with the handy engine skills of Andy K, this is how my engine looks at the moment. It needs a rolling road mission (booked in for Friday!) and she will be rocking. Only need a couple more dress up parts and a quick paint to a few areas, but now crusies at 75mph without any probs and plenty more in her! 8)

They are CB performance 34icts with idf style air filter set up. No dodgy empi manifolds here thank you!
8)

Engine7.jpg

I nearly forgot, changed over all of the bumper bolts to stainless aswell, no more blinking rusty bolts for me! 8) :D

Hello Easy, with your new hotty motor did you increase the capacity or just beef up the 1600? Are you running a stock gearbox? If you are what sort of revs are you putting out at 75mph?

I have just got myself a 2165cc motor and I am going to hook it up to an 1800box, so I was just doing a bit of research asking you all these details. Love your bus, the wheels especially.

Hello mate, just a stock 1600 engine with stock gearbox. Only I have upgraded to these icts to add a bit more beans for getting up hills as it was always a bit sluggish.

Went on the rolling road Friday and after a new dizzy (mine was a weird rare one without mechanical advance?!) it went up to 57bhp which isn`t to bad considering before the tune up and carbs it was 40!!!!!! :shock: Cruises at 75mph now without any struggle yippee! :D :D

I will post some pics up soon.

The guy who balanced etc me van had a 2.0 engine with fuel injection and management system that could give all bmws and subarus a run for their money! :shock: I want one of those :D

easy said:
...a stock 1600 engine with stock gearbox. Only I have upgraded to these icts to add a bit more beans for getting up hills as it was always a bit sluggish.

I was thinking of doing the same myself Easy as like yourself I find getting up even minor inclines is painful. Did you use the CB Performance fitting kit? What's the fuel consumption like? I've heard that with twin ICTs and the CB Performance fitting kit, stock 1600 engine, SVDA dizzy and a stock fuel pump then mid-30 mpg is possible as long as you don't floor it all the time. I assume yours are 34mm carbs with 28 venturis??

Latest posts