The "Essex" thread - NEW COLCHESTER MONTHLY MEET

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedresto

Reaction score
Okay, who is around the Essex area

post up your buses, so we know who u are :mrgreen:

heres how mine looks for now

S5001070.jpg

I'm nowhere near essex :lol:

Just wanted to say - nice looking original van you have :)

Not seen a fastner on the front of aa roof before - whats it for?

I'm from Chelmsford... currently in France after an epic journey to Italy in my 1970 Dormobile... avec trois enfants! Definately a boy from Essex... born and bred in Chelmsford.

Hi, we are in the Colchester area. Hope this comes out right first time i have posted a photo :?
van.jpg

Im in Essex (colchester) but not got a bus yet :cry:

Looking for a very very cheap project though!

One day I will live the dream!!!! :wink:

Very cheap! Im looking for a heap.

Ive decided to see if I can get an autobox in to an early bay. Its had a 50/50 reception from all the forums camper restorers etc. Some say dont do it some say it can be done with a bit of moding. So im looking for a bus with a V5 that may need alot of work to get good but not £1000s to get an MoT. Learning to weld :wink: .

So really consider anything. maybe someone knows someone with a dying project in the back of a barn, in a field whatever.

The way I look at it is if I can get hold of a dying neglected van I have not wasted one with a chance of revival by a pro or experienced restorer. but have given an eye sore a chance and maybe even improved its chances of restoration as my welding skills progress, and if The auto thing doesnt work the worst of the rusty bits might be fixed and someone else can finish it off as a regular van! or if it does work but the van is really to bad to restore aply the working auto solution to a better van when confident I know it will work and how to do it.

Seen some dodgy looking stripped vans on ebay and free adds for £500 and less but keep missing out on them. Ive advertised at my work and have a lead to follow up this weekend but am a bit doubtfull that it will be an early bay :cry:

Any one got any ideas on where to look or know a farmer with one proping up a cow shed or something!!

What sort of bus are you after i.e. camper, microbus etc, as a friend of mine has a few Cali import buses for sale in various states of condition and he is also in Essex. Cheers, Sean. :D

Prefer a camper (RHD), rather not a van (Needs to fit the family if the project works!!).

But to be honest, beggers cant be choosy. Like I said will consider anything, if I can get an auto box in and working ok and tested then I could do it again on a more suitable bus later. Hopefully if I have to do it this way it will be easier second time round!! :wink:

Cant imagine an import will be in my price range. I reckon I need to find one thats been tucked away for years and is in bad state owned by someone who hates them and wants rid. That doesnt realise there value and following.

But if your mate has a bargain basement im all ears.

really appreciate the help.

Does anyone know of any reputable people / companies / man with a trailer for hire who will collect vans from within the country. (Not that Im a tight arse but cheap or reasonable?) As there is a cheap pair of van/camper on ebay but I cant collect from where it is. Though im sure more people will bid on the last day

bump for the Essex Thread

my bus has changed since i started the thread :wink:

P1090331.jpg

Theres also a new Colchester Monthly Meet

Details here -

http://www.splitterz.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nov meet date tbc

hey, we live in Hadleigh, Suffolk (not even 10 miles from Colchester), can we come to the next meet???? :? I think i have attached a pic of our bus 'Sandy'?

Attachments

• Sandy1.jpg
    Sandy1.jpg
    176.6 KB
Marie S said:
hey, we live in Hadleigh, Suffolk (not even 10 miles from Colchester), can we come to the next meet???? :? I think i have attached a pic of our bus 'Sandy'?

of course u can :mrgreen:

anyones welcome vw or no vw :wink:

Hi, Im in colchester. missed the one on Ipswich road as I was working. What time is it and is it a family affair or growed ups only!! :twisted:

De8oy said:
Hi, Im in colchester. missed the one on Ipswich road as I was working. What time is it and is it a family affair or growed ups only!! :twisted:

mainly grownups at the last one, although there is normally a few children at other meets we go to

its a new club/meet, so the more the merrier

De8oy said:
Cool, what time?

Which club is it? Or is it an EB thing?

its a resurection of the old colchester v-dubbing meet, arranged by maddmaxxer of splitterz vdub club, but not a splitterz meet

starts about 7.30 onwards

Latest posts