The French VW Bus Meeting 2014- 1-3 August 2014

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
Ok so may be a bit mad and I know its a bit late in the day but does anyone fancy a trip to this?, its in Fley which is a fair way into france (south of Dijon), facebook page is here https://www.facebook.com/events/585110371525173/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and this year they are expecting 1000 buses to turn up, its open to anything built up to 2003.

Yes I know its the same weekend as Spa but I think this is something a bit different, already had an offer of an overnight stop in Belgium from Roland Lebruu whilst not completely on route would give us a free overnight on the way there.

Anyone else fancy this?

Really like the idea of doing this, roughly 600 miles each way so would want to maybe take a week to do the round trip. Looks to fall well with works shutdown (either last week July or first week August)
As always, cost comes into the equation so ferry/chunnel to pay for and it looks like close to £300 for petrol but show tickets in advance are just 20 euro per bus, so bargain entry!!
Other than the afore mentioned considerations, I would want to have fixed the oil leak which I'm unsure is a flywheel off or crankcase split to sort, either way not much time to sort out and if it's the latter then it ain't gonna happen in this time frame.
Thinking realistically here, the exhaust is shot on the Alfa 156 daily, insurance due on same mid June plus road tax end of July (£154 for 6 months!!!!) so basically I'm screwed.
Pete.

Haven't looked at ferries yet but yes thought about heading out on the Wednesday first thing to be in Fley on the Friday,

Been looking at this in a bit more detail and a semi plan is coming together, currently looking at catching the 20.00 ferry from Dover to Dunkirk on Wednesday 30th July, sleeping in the car park at Dunkirk (well known stopover) and then heading first thing in the morning to Rolands place in Belgium, spent some time with him on Thursday PM, camp at his place, few drinks etc etc and then set off to Fley in convoy on the Friday morning.

On the way back looking at taking a couple of days to get back to Dunkirk with the plan to catch the ferry back on the Wednesday morning (6th August) at 08.00 and then head home.

Ferry is currently at £128 booking it as a flexi fare in case the plan changes :)

Anyone else fancy this?

Sounds interesting Graham. Spa OR France??? WIll definitely give it some thought.

it's less than 200 miles from me and i've been considering going for years. was going to do it this year but have since decided to go to something else for that weekend and it's only 100 miles away:

http://www.larochebluegrass.fr/practical.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i'll be wandering around france till the middle of august so it's just possible i might come across some itinerent VW's on the roads. :D

'course ye might not want to know me in my late bay............... :lol:

Graham L said:
Been looking at this in a bit more detail and a semi plan is coming together, currently looking at catching the 20.00 ferry from Dover to Dunkirk on Wednesday 30th July, sleeping in the car park at Dunkirk (well known stopover) and then heading first thing in the morning to Rolands place in Belgium, spent some time with him on Thursday PM, camp at his place, few drinks etc etc and then set off to Fley in convoy on the Friday morning.

On the way back looking at taking a couple of days to get back to Dunkirk with the plan to catch the ferry back on the Wednesday morning (6th August) at 08.00 and then head home.

Ferry is currently at £128 booking it as a flexi fare in case the plan changes :)

Anyone else fancy this?

Don't stay at Dunkirk m8, we have a spare room you can crash in fella ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

i'm briefly home again after the banjo do, setting off again the morn for française parts after collecting the missus and charging batteries and a few beers obviously..............

i see from other continental forum illustrated reports that some early UK bays were at fley,

hope ye all make it home without any dramatics. ;)

Latest posts